Where you’ll be working: Waikato Hospital
The details: Permanent, 80 hours per fortnight (1.0 FTE)
A unique opportunity has become available for a qualified Carpenter or Joiner to apply their skills in carrying out building maintenance work at Waikato Hospital.
The successful applicant will:
• Have completed an indentured apprenticeship (or suitably experienced – may be considered)
• Hold a Trade Certificate qualification
• Be a team player but able to work unsupervised carrying out general maintenance and repairs
• Have broad knowledge of building maintenance including task analysis, measurement and work planning
• Have a sound knowledge of modern building systems and fittings
• Experience with door maintenance, locks and closer devices would be highly regarded
• Be proficient in management and delivery of small carpentry / joinery projects
• Have sound communication skills and demonstrated experience dealing with customers in a professional manner
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand.
We plan, fund and provide health and disability support services to a population of more than 400,000. We run five hospitals across the district – a tertiary hospital in Hamilton, a secondary hospital in Thames, and three rural hospitals in Te Kuiti, Taumarunui, and Tokoroa.
Waikato Hospital in Hamilton is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Clinical specialities include Women’s and Children Services, Cardiology / Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Haematology, Surgical services, and Mental Health and Addiction. Waikato Hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Rachael Devey in the Recruitment Team on Rachael.Devey@waikatodhb.health.nz
Application closing date: 17 May 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
|Location:||North Island - Waikato - Hamilton|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|