Clinical Nurse Specialist - Older Persons Mental Health
- Professional and clinical leadership role.
- Excellent communication and expert knowledge is essential.
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The Older Persons Mental Health team (primarily based at The Princess Margaret Hospital) has a focus on assessment and management of older adults with mental illness and/ or cognitive disorders. The team provides comprehensive assessment of the mental health of older people, whilst aiming to optimise the patient s level of functioning, offering specialist treatment, care, support and education.
An opportunity has become available for a Registered Nurse to join the team in the Older Persons Mental Health Community team. This is a rewarding role, working with consumers experiencing acute mental illness and cognitive impairment.
The Role: Where you fit in
This role offers an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and motivated Registered Nurse who is looking to expand their career pathway to take on a clinical leadership role as a Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- You will be an experienced, Registered Nurse, Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC
- You will have a passion for the health of older adults with a sound understanding of holistic health approaches for this population
- With your proven ability to lead, you will be an expert at developing and extending nursing practice, assisting with performance appraisals, auditing, quality improvement and providing overall clinical expertise and mentor ship within the team, to enable them to continue to deliver a high standard of care
- As a role model it is expected you will engage with nursing staff and members of the Inter-Disciplinary Team to ensure effective relationships are developed and maintained, therefore your integrity, excellent interpersonal skills, effective organisational and time management skills and clinical credibility are imperative to the success of this role
- You will have extensive experience working within mental health, and hold a relevant post graduate qualification or be working towards one.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been fully vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
For additional information about this role please contact us on email@example.com
|Location:||South Island - Canterbury - Christchurch|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Senior Nursing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|