Te Hā - Waitaha Programme Lead
- Fixed term 36 hour per week position until June 2023.
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health
Board, you re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health
services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury
region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Description of the service
Te Hā Waitaha Smokefree Support is a collaborative initiative and is an important part of an integrated and cohesive tobacco control system across Canterbury. This service delivers an evidence-based cessation service that is person-centred, easily accessible, and meets the needs of individuals and whānau to become smokefree. The service delivers intensive stop smoking services for those requiring higher level of support.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the service to achieve Ministry of Health targets and effective clinical outcomes for people.
- Working closely with both the service partners and the Stop Smoking Practitioners delivering the service.
- The maintaining of working groups that focus on improving referrals and enrolments of priority populations (eg pregnant women, young maori women) in to the service;
- Ensure a consistent operational guideline, referral processes and reporting of the Stop Smoking Practitioners.
- Programme leadership coordination and evaluation
- Financial responsibility
- Effective team processes for Community and Public Health
- Undertake other tasks as agreed by Community and Public Health Managers
Your skills will include:
- Experience and or qualification in health is essential, as is experience working directly with Māori and or Pacific community
- Project planning and evaluation
- Written and oral communication
- Ability to relate to people from all walks of life, empathy and patience
- Networking, relationship building and motivational skills
- Managing budgets
- Competency in software tools to oversee maintenance of database and utilising clinical information
- Experience in stop smoking practice and service
- Strong knowledge of and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we
Health is ultimately all about people. What s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District
Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible
working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
|Location:||South Island - Canterbury - Christchurch|
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
Clinical - Community / Public Health -
|Attachments:||No File Attached|