Social Worker OR Occupational Therapist - Community Older Person¿s Mental Health
- Permanent, part-time opportunity (0.7FTE) 28 hours a week.
- Join an experienced team of healthcare professionals who are passionate about continued professional development!
- Registration with the NZ Social Workers or Occupational Therapist Professional Board and an enthusiasm for older person s mental health is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Older Persons Mental Health, based at The Princess Margaret and Burwood Hospitals, delivers comprehensive services to older people experiencing mental health issues. We re looking for an NZ Registered Social Worker OR Occupational Therapist to join our team on a permanent, part time basis (28hrs per week/0.7FTE).
This is an exciting opportunity to provide quality care to people within the community. Our team of multidisciplinary healthcare professionals are passionate about the health and mental wellbeing of older persons within the Canterbury community, and value continued professional development and education.
The Role: Where you fit it
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Working with individuals, groups and their families/whanau focusing on assessment and care coordination;
- Developing client-focussed and engaging care plans;
- Working with consumers from diverse social and cultural backgrounds and working collaboratively with whanau, the wider multidisciplinary team, and other relevant agencies to ensure the best outcomes;
- Action interventions, requests for information, and providing reports within adequate timeframes;
- Identifying and contributing towards service improvement initiatives;
Your skills will include:
- A flexible and adaptable approach to your work;
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to form relationships with clients and families under stress;
- Registration as a Social Worker OR Occupational Therapist with current Annual Practicing Certificate is essential;
- Strong clinical post-graduation experience;
- Experience within the mental health sector and/or older person s health is preferable;
- The ability to undertake InterRAI assessments is advantageous however training can be provided.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
|Location:||South Island - Canterbury - Christchurch|
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
Clinical - Mental Health -
|Attachments:||No File Attached|