Orderlies - Burwood Hospital
- Get paid to get fit, a role with a whole lot of variety!
- Demonstrate your customer service skills and work a variety of shifts.
- Casual and full-time roles available at Burwood Hospital
Benefits: What we can offer you
- A fantastic benefits scheme, including generous discounts on a range of businesses including gym memberships, restaurants and insurance.
- Clock up to 15,000 steps a day!
The Team: What we do
play an integral part in the patient journey, ensuring the delivery of
exceptional quality care in our facilities. They are there to safely move
patients around the hospitals. Our team provides essential orderly services
within Burwood Hospital seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
The Role: Where you fit in
We have permanent full-time and casual positions available and are looking for people that have great customer service skills and can relate to a range of people. To be considered for this role you will need to be physically fit to be able to work on your feet for your entire shift as well as being able to move patients around the hospital with ease and professionalism.
This role will see you working a variety of shift times which will be 8 hours, with a 1/2 hour unpaid meal break.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing a safe, quality support service to inpatient areas and departments.
- Ensuring the prompt delivery and accurate storage of hospital equipment.
- Ensuring that all tasks and duties are prioritised, and are carried out effectively, efficiently and without unnecessary delay.
- Rubbish collection, linen delivery plus any other duties required.
Skills & Experience: What we are looking for
- An enthusiastic and people-focussed approach to your work.
- You will have excellent customer service skills and be able to work in an inclusive team environment.
- You will be physically fit and be able to be on your feet for an entire shift as the role involves a lot of walking around the hospital.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
For additional information about this role please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covjd-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
|Location:||South Island - Canterbury - Christchurch|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Non-clinical - Orderly Services - Orderly Services|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|