Taranaki Base Hospital
0.6 FTE ( 48 hours per fortnight)
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated NZ Registered Pharmacist wishing to join our pharmacy team as an Antimicrobial Pharmacist . This position will work closely both with the recently developed Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS) team and also within the pharmacy team, advocating for and implementing activities that aim to improve the prescribing and quality use of antimicrobials at Taranaki DHB. This is an opportunity to join a highly engaged pharmacy team with a strong emphasis on clinical service provision and quality whilst also collaborating with a wide range of teams within our DHB and the wider NZ healthcare team. This position involves rostered on call duties.
The Antimicrobial Pharmacist role includes:
- Taking a leading role in the AMS program in Taranaki.
- Advocating for and implementing activities that aim to improve the prescribing and quality use of antimicrobials.
- Ensuring that appropriate training/education material is available to all healthcare professionals involved in the use of antimicrobials, so that practice is current, rational and cost effective
- Ensuring consistent, high quality processes and ongoing improvements in the AMS realm at Taranaki DHB with an emphasis on quality improvement.
- Medicine information.
- In-service training/education.
- Medicine and AMS related guideline/protocol development and reviews.
- Medicine supply related activities including sterile/non-sterile manufacturing.
- Potential for delivery of clinical ward services to a defined area including Electronic Medicines Reconciliation on admission.This position involves rostered on call duties.
This position would suit a NZ Registered Pharmacist with at least 3 years experience in hospital pharmacist, who already has a relevant post graduate qualification (or is working towards one).
Taranaki District Health Board is a leader in NZ Hospital pharmacy initiatives. It has a well resourced department with a team of committed professionals. It is committed to continuing professional development and the provision of opportunities for extra study.
The department uses the e-Pharmacy Dispensing system. This is interfaced with the Pyxis automated ward dispensing and inventory system (including the CII automated controlled drug system) and the MedChart electronic prescribing system which is used on the majority of wards in the hospital. “ In addition, Taranaki District Health Board uses Orion SMT Medicines Reconciliation software. “
We also have a dedicated eMedication management team within the pharmacy department which means that this position may be required to support staff involved in that area of work.
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work. Click here for information about living and working in Taranaki.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation operating in the exciting, changing Health sector. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page.
Please apply online from this page.
Salary level is dependent on expertise and qualifications.
Please click here for a position description.
Applications Close 20 January 2022
|Location:||North Island - Taranaki - New Plymouth|
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Allied Health - Pharmacist|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|