Registered Nurse - Starship Child Health, Ward 24A Paediatric Orthopaedic Ward
Here is a great opportunity for experienced Registered Nurses to make a difference to our tamariki and their whānau!
- New Zealand’s premier children’s hospital
- Full time and part time roles
- Permanent full time and part time roles (rostered shifts)
Starship Child Hospital is the leading provider of paediatric care in New Zealand and the South Pacific, providing world-class inpatient, outpatient, trauma, emergency, and urgent care to children and their whānau. Every day our clinical and support teams work collaboratively to fulfil our mission to deliver world class patient and whānau-centered paediatric healthcare to all populations we serve. Starship is part of Auckland District Health Board, New Zealand’s largest tertiary health provider.
Ward 24A is the Paediatric Orthopaedic ward that looks after children with musculoskeletal conditions requiring both non-operative and surgical treatment. It has one of the highest through-put of patients in the hospital, with an average length of stay of about two days. However, there are a group of patients with complex needs (spine, tumour, complex hip surgery, complex major infections / trauma) who stay for extended periods of time.
We are committed to delivering whānau-centered care that focuses on the needs of the child first and values whānau as an important member of the care team.
We offer a supportive environment and your professional development is important to us.
As the ideal candidate for this role you will:
- be a registered nurse and will either have or be eligible for registration with NZ Nursing Council.
- have a strong commitment to quality healthcare
- be capable of working independently and within a team.
- have well-developed communication, critical thinking skills and a commitment to family centred care
- have a passion for paediatric nursing with some experience in acute paediatric nursing preferably within the New Zealand Health system
To apply, please click on the link below and make an online application on this site attaching your latest CV and cover letter. For help with your online application please contact Recruitment Coordinator Olive Vallabh on OVallabh@adhb.govt.nz.
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - Central Auckland|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Paediatrics|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|