Kaiatawhai/Cultural Community Support Worker
Kaiatawhai/Cultural Worker, Te Whetu Tawera.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team of Kaiatawhai who work in a multidisciplinary adult inpatient setting.
Confident use of Tikanga Maori and Te Reo and experience in an acute clinical setting are essential.
You will possess the following skills:
• Ability to work collaboratively with staff, service users, whanau, NGO’s and other service providers
• Confident in advocating for the cultural needs of Maori within in a multidisciplinary setting
• Experience and/or understanding of how to support Maori service users and their whanau presenting with acute Mental Health issues.
• The ability to use and articulate the articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi within your work practice and the wider service
• Able to lead, coach and teach staff and service users in Maori concepts and processes.
• Confident in the use of Maori health models and cultural assessment
This position is based within the Auckland City Hospital’s Acute Mental Health Unit, Te Whetu Tawera, working with clinical and support staff. The Kaiatawhai team are dedicated to delivering services to Maori within a Kaupapa Maori framework.
This is a Full time role 1 FTE working 40 hours a week.
Click here for the position description.
For further information please contact Jimmy Mathews (Recruitment Consultant) at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the biggest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit kiwihealthjobs.com.
North Island - Auckland -
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Mental Health - Community Support Worker|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|