Ophthalmology Fellow - September 2022
The Canterbury District Health Board systematically plan, fund and deliver care to almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. The Canterbury Health System is a world leader in the delivery of integrated health care. Our main focus is placing people (staff and patients alike) at the centre of everything we do.
We are seeking suitable candidates for our Ophthalmology Fellow post for 12 months to begin September 2022.
The Canterbury Eye Service is friendly, helpful and very supportive. You will be supported to carry out research in the department. Your salary and benefits will be aligned to the ASMS Senior Medical and Dental Officers Collective Agreement which means your experience will be recognised along with a very generous continuing medical education budget.
We offer the following:
- The Eye Department has 12 consultants with VR, medical retina, glaucoma, paediatric, neuro-ophthalmology, oculoplastics, anterior segment/corneal sub-specialty coverage. We work with a team of experienced nurses, orthoptists, optometrists and ophthalmology assistants.
- The Canterbury District Health Board serves a population base of 628,600 and is a tertiary referral centre for the greater South Island for our VR services
- A research component is possible
- Regular cataract list provided
- You will be expected to supervise trainees and contribute to the acute eye service
Ideally we are looking for someone with an interest in VR, but this is not essential for the role.
To be considered for this role you will need to eligible for registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, our people enjoy access to, flexible working arrangements and a genuine and ongoing focus on career development.
We hope you ll seriously consider joining us, but if this role isn t a good fit for you, please share this opportunity with people in your personal networks.
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Tracey Sutherland Recruitment Specialist.
Your application will be reviewed and progressed as soon as possible.
|Location:||South Island - Canterbury - Christchurch|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Senior Medical Officers, Medical Officers and Fellows - Medical Officer|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|