Physiotherapy Team Coordinator - Community / Outpatient respiratory service
- Part time (0.7fte, 28hrs/week), fixed term leadership position through until December 2023
- Advanced clinical respiratory skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of service delivery improvements
with the NZ Physiotherapy Board is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you re part of something
very special. We plan, fund and deliver health
services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury
region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
We are looking for an experienced Physiotherapist to lead our Respiratory
Physiotherapy team working across community and outpatient services. Reporting
to the Clinical Manager, Physiotherapy, Christchurch Campus, you will be
co-ordinating and providing leadership for a team working with community patients
who are living with respiratory conditions.
You will provide both clinical and professional leadership to lead the
planning and implementation of service improvements and new ways of working
that reflect the current and changing needs of the local community and
As an Allied Health Team Coordinator you will be responsible for the
daily co-ordination of a team including clinical supervision, teaching,
training and facilitating professional development. You will also carry a clinical caseload
within the respiratory service.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Leading and driving service improvement for and consultation within community respiratory services
- Consider service improvements with a cultural lens
- Setting targets and goals for the respiratory service to address health inequities in the community
- Carrying out clinical/non-clinical audits, initiating, developing and coordinating service improvement.
- Be involved in service and policy development, including supporting staff to participate in and contribute to quality improvement activities
- Teaching or educating staff both within the Allied Health Professions and inter-disciplinary
- Review performance metrics and implementing relevant governance/quality improvement structures with the team.
- Professional leadership and supervision of clinical activity and practice, through provision of expert clinical advice, consultation and support to clinical practitioners, while working within professional or occupational policies and be accountable for own professional actions
- Management of a small clinical case load and direct delivery of a
health care service.
By the end of this
fixed term contract, you will be expected to articulate the vision for a
sustainable respiratory service within the community and be a key player in its
Your skills will include:
- A minimum of 3 years clinical respiratory work experience in either acute or community respiratory physiotherapy
- Experience in making judgements in complex situations where there is uncomplete information or solutions are not obvious
- Excellent admirative, organisational and time management skills
- Experience in leading change and service and quality improvement initiatives
- Ability to build and sustain relationships
- Ability to use initiatives and work independently
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all
Health is ultimately all about people. What s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury
District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the
opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career
If this role has sparked your
interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website
and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Apply online, or contact us on careers @cdhb.health.nz
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
|Location:||South Island - Canterbury - Christchurch|
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Allied Health - Physiotherapist|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|