Consultant Geriatrician / General Physician, Blenheim (full-time)
Nelson Marlborough Health seeks a motivated and enthusiastic Geriatrician to join the Physician team.
- Permanent full-time
- Part of a dynamic physician team
- Wairau Hospital, Blenheim, New Zealand
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
The successful applicant will:
- Deliver quality services to improve the health of the older adult population in Marlborough.
- Participate in the general medicine acute roster.
- Join a supportive multidisciplinary team including occupational therapists, physiotherapists, social workers, and other medical specialties to provide assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation.
- Have an opportunity to engage with the wider clinical community in both general and geriatric medicine.
- Have an opportunity to achieve work/life balance and enjoy one of New Zealand s most sought after regions.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
The ideal applicant will:
- Bring their geriatric medicine training, knowledge, skills, and experience to an acute secondary care hospital and contribute to advanced care of the elderly in the Marlborough region.
- Be passionate, patient and considerate when assessing and treating patients.
- Hold Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians within Adult Medicine Division or equivalent.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practising Certificate and vocational scope of Internal Medicine with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Fit into a cohesive team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour, and respect across disciplines.
Collegiality and collaboration across all disciplines are key to our delivery of a successful service to our patients and our community. If this sounds like the sort of environment that you will thrive in, then we want to hear from you!
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
The salary for this position is based on the current Senior Medical and Dental Officer collective agreement dependent on skills, experience, and vocational registration in NZ. Link
In addition to your salary you will:
- Receive a generous annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
This is an incredible region of Aotearoa - New Zealand with a lovely climate boasting some of the highest annual sunshine hours year after year and is a wonderful place to work and enjoy life. With excellent schools and great lifestyle, Blenheim offers all the attraction and convenience one would expect within close proximity.
Marlborough provides ample opportunities for quality family-time and appreciation of nature s wonders. The region is renowned for its breath-taking natural landscapes, with stunning geography capturing everything from unbelievably long golden beaches to rugged mountains and untouched forests, especially the view of connected vineyards stretching all the way to the horizon. These magnificent features make Marlborough truly unique.
The region offers endless opportunities for mountain biking, walking/hiking, water sports, and skiing. The region is also well known for its caf culture, award-winning wineries, art, crafts, and relaxed lifestyle. To explore all these ingredients for a better work/life balance, please visit https://marlboroughnz.com/live-work/
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for the region serving a population of approximately
150,000. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are the largest employer in the region.
Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the
region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but
we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference.
We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 3 546 1274.
To apply please follow the link to complete our online application form. (Applications via email will not be considered.) https://nmdhb.careercentre.net.nz
Please note: In line with the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Amendment Order 2021 all NMH staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with the approved vaccines.
Applications close: open until filled.
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.
|Location:||South Island - Nelson / Marlborough - Blenheim|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
Clinical - Senior Medical Officers, Medical Officers and Fellows -
|Attachments:||No File Attached|