Consultant Geriatrician, Nelson (full-time)
Nelson Marlborough Health seeks a motivated and enthusiastic Consultant Geriatrician to join the Geriatric team.
- Permanent full-time
- No on-call or call-back requirements
- Nelson hospital, Nelson, New Zealand
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this
The successful applicant will:
- Deliver quality services to improve the health of the older adult population in Nelson.
- Join a supportive multidisciplinary team including occupational therapists, physiotherapists, social workers, and other medical specialties to provide assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation.
- Have the opportunity to engage with the wider clinical community and practice varied, challenging and rewarding geriatric medicine.
- Have the perfect opportunity to achieve an amazing work/life balance and enjoy one of New Zealand s most sought after regions with no on-call or call-back requirements.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is
an appropriate applicant?)
The ideal applicant will:
- Bring their geriatric medicine training, knowledge, skills, and experience to an acute secondary care hospital and contribute to advanced care of the elderly in the region.
- Be passionate, patient and considerate when assessing and treating patients.
- Hold Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians or equivalent.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practising Certificate and vocational scope of Internal Medicine with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Fit into a cohesive team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour and respect across disciplines.
Collegiality and collaboration across all disciplines are key to our delivery of a successful service to our patients and our community. If this sounds like the sort of environment that you will thrive in, then we want to hear from you!
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
The salary for this position is based on the current Senior Medical and Dental Officer collective agreement dependent on skills, experience, and vocational registration in NZ. Link
In addition to your salary you will:
- Receive a generous annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
This is an incredible region of Aotearoa - New Zealand with a lovely climate boasting some of the highest annual sunshine hours year after year and is a wonderful place to work and enjoy life. The schools are excellent, and Nelson is well connected to the rest of New Zealand and the world via its centrally located and well served domestic airport terminal.
There are three national parks nearby providing ample opportunities for quality family-time and appreciation of nature s wonders. The region is renowned for its breath-taking natural landscapes, with stunning geography capturing everything from unbelievably long golden beaches to rugged mountains and untouched forests.
These magnificent features offer endless opportunities for mountain biking, walking/hiking, water sports and skiing. The region is also well known for its caf culture, wineries, art, crafts, and relaxed lifestyle. To explore all these ingredients for a better work/life balance, please visit https://www.nelsontasman.nz/, https://www.newzealand.com/nz/nelson-tasman/, and https://marlboroughnz.com/live-work/
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for the region serving a population of approximately 150,000. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are the largest employer in the region. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 3 546 1274.
To apply please follow the link to complete our online application form. (Applications via email will not be considered.) https://nmdhb.careercentre.net.nz
Please note: In line with the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Amendment Order 2021 all NMH staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with the approved vaccines.
Applications close: Open until filled.
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.
|Location:||South Island - Nelson / Marlborough - Nelson|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
Clinical - Senior Medical Officers, Medical Officers and Fellows -
|Attachments:||No File Attached|