Registered Nurse , Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)-Starship Child Health
- Support the health and hauora of our tamariki and pēpi
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that values your input
Ko wai mātou | Who are we
Starship nurses are focused on delivering the highest quality nursing care to pēpi (infants), tamariki (children), taitamariki (youth) and their whānau (family). We work in partnership with tamariki and their whānau acknowledging their uniqueness, right to quality healthcare, optimal health outcomes and quality of life.
Our nurses are inspirational and have so much to be proud of, striving continuously to provide exemplary nursing care, professionalism and to uphold patient safety. Nurses work collaboratively as part of multidisciplinary teams in a variety of nursing roles and settings throughout Starship. At Starship we value nursing’s contribution and aim to provide an environment where nurses can flourish, have a voice, contribute and are valued. We focus on collaboration, innovation and development with the aim of enhancing outcomes for tamariki.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Nurses are also known to our tamariki as super-heroes, and we need nurses who, at the heart of it, want to make a positive impact. Tamariki are our future leaders of tomorrow. Tamariki have very specific health needs. We need caring nurses who understand how a healthy child develops towards adulthood to minimise the impact of illness. We are also interested in hearing from nurses who have a keen interest in specialising in this area; we will provide comprehensive child health nursing training. You will need to be able to uniquely communicate to tamariki, creating and ensuring all interactions are positive whilst walking alongside parents, whānau and careers who are engaged in the process.
The Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) within Starship Child Health is a national service for children requiring intensive care for longer than 24 hours and a regional service for all children requiring intensive care or high dependency care.
Located in Auckland, New Zealand we are committed to delivering whānau-centered care that focuses on the needs of the child first and values whānau (family) as an important member of the care team.
As a unit, we offer:
- A comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme specifically tailored to you and your nursing background.
- Continuous support from our highly skilled senior staff to assist you in your on-going professional tertiary education in the form of post-graduate studies that we will both pay and provide study days for.
- Opportunities to participate in teaching, & current Australasian research studies PICU is involved in.
- Being the only unit of this kind within the country, the exposure and direct experience we can provide is second to none and will deliver a high level of job satisfaction working within this fast-paced unit.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than work, and we provide all our nurses several services and benefits to support you whilst you are with the The Starship whānau:
- An inclusive and supportive culture We encourage all our staff to bring their whole selves to work and offer a range of networks to support you.
- Staff Recognition - As well as regular appraisals, we recognise staff with educational support to achieve the Professional Development, Recognition Programme and financial recognition of nursing levels.
- Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, onsite fitness classes and access to healthy activities that support our hauora.
- Staff Benefits - We have a range of staff benefits for our staff. For more information on what we offer at Starship.
Visit our Starship Child Health website to learn more about Nursing at Starship.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Your support will ensure our whānau, families, and communities thrive; and are committed to achieving equitable outcomes for Māori Health and supporting the mana of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and progress health equity. In addition, you will :.
- be a registered nurse and will either have or be eligible for registration with NZ Nursing CounciL
- have a focus on caring for the wellbeing of tamariki and whānau
- demonstrate well-developed communication, critical thinking skills and a commitment to family centred care
- have a passion for or want to develop your child health nursing skills
- Ideally, you will bring with you an ICU nursing background from a paediatric or adult setting – however we are also keen to speak with experienced paediatric nurses with a strong interest in PICU.
If you are currently overseas and interested in moving to NZ, we can provide you assistance with relocation and immigration. We are an accredited employer with the NZ Immigration service (www.nzis.govt.nz) and will be able to support you to get the required visa to work in NZ.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
At Starship we keep tamariki | children, young people and whānau | families at the heart of what we do—leading with kindness, showing empathy and respect. If this role resonates with you, apply, and include a short paragraph outlining the difference or why you want to develop your child health nursing skills.
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. If you have any queries about this opportunity ,accessibility or technical issues with the online process and for more information (including relocation details), or if you would like an initial chat before officially applying, please contact Joshua Gounder, Recruitment Consultant on JoshuaGoun@adhb.govt.nz or mob: 021 394 701, quoting ref #ADHBPICU1121 to discuss how we can best support your application.
Please note, the advertisement for PICU will be ongoing until the vacancies are filled.
For the biggest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - Central Auckland|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Paediatrics|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|