Midwifery Graduate Programme - Auckland DHB
Calling all graduating midwives in NZ & Australia. We want you!
- We offer unique and varied experiences with a range of future career options that you won’t find anywhere else in New Zealand
- Look no further!
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Auckland District Health board is a World Class, teaching hospital. We offer a wide range of primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary services to the Northern Region of New Zealand.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are one of the largest maternity units in Australasia, providing primary, secondary and tertiary care to approximately 6500 women each year. The graduate midwifery experience we offer is unique, extensive and provides comprehensive rotations across a range of services which will enhance your future career prospects as a midwife.
You will be based at Auckland City Hospital and gain midwifery experience across the following clinical areas:
- Labour and Birthing Suite
- Women’s Assessment Unit
- Antenatal and Postnatal Wards
By being part of OUR Graduate Midwifery Programme you will consolidate your clinical skills as well as access great learning opportunities in a supportive environment. We are offering unique preceptor and midwifery educator support for each midwifery graduate, tailoring learning experiences to your needs.
Auckland DHB has a strong focus on providing YOU with a quality first year, followed by on-going, permanent employment across a range of areas.
- Click here for the Graduate Midwife Position Description
- Relocation assistance is available for Midwifery Graduates who are located outside of Auckland
Important Information for your application:
- A cover letter and a copy of your CV (as an attached document) including the contact details of two referees. Either one being the LMC of your last placement and the other from your tertiary institute or school of midwifery or one being the LMC of your last placement and the other from a previous employer familiar with your practice.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply: Please click ‘Apply’ below or visit http://www.careers.adhb.govt.nz/ and search job number: AUC12363
For further queries, or a discussion about the application process, please contact Maylaine Cerna , Recruitment Consultant MaylaineC@adhb.govt.nz.
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - Central Auckland|
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Midwifery - Hospital Setting|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|