Midwife Opportunities - Auckland DHB
Our vision is to be a world leader in midwifery and maternity care through empowerment, partnership and collaboration. We are building a strong, sustainable midwifery workforce that supports future midwifery leaders. We pride ourselves on being accountable and we lead with our values as well as our heart.
What makes midwifery at Auckland District Health Board unique?
Here at Te Toka Timai we work together with whanau to provide care and support which is safe and equitable. We also offer:
- A variety of unique midwifery experiences and career opportunities across clinical, education, research and leadership that you will not find anywhere else.
- Auckland District Health Board Wellbeing Program includes free/subsidised gym membership, boot camp, yoga, Free Shuttle bus between Hospitals (ACH and GCC) (operating Mon-Fri) and other key wellbeing initiatives to keep you at your best
- Low risk to highly complex maternity care
- Comprehensive education and support from our midwifery educators
- Research and postgraduate education e.g. Complex Care course fully funded
- On-going midwifery professional development is seen as essential for maintaining a high standard of midwifery care.
We have full-time and part-time rostered duties permanent positions available in our maternity services. Please see below:
Women’s Assessment Unit: maternity assessments (antenatal and postpartum), inductions of labour, acute gynaecological assessment, an ECV clinic and perinatal loss service.
Ward 98: High risk antenatal and postnatal ward at Auckland City Hospital. Ward 98 provides tertiary inpatient care for women experiencing various complications during their pregnancy and/or postnatal period.
Ward 96: a secondary postnatal ward with a neonatal transitional care specialty
Labour and Birthing Suite: is one of the largest maternity units in New Zealand, providing both midwifery-led and specialist obstetric care. You will work alongside obstetric registrars, senior medical officers and private obstetricians.
Tamaki Ward: providing postnatal low medical risk care for women following caesarean section as well as multidisciplinary care for women with complex social needs such as mental health issues, drug and alcohol dependency and family violence.
As part of our maternity service here at Te Toka Tumai we now have a transitional care area for pēpi Whitinga ora pēpi. This area is located within Ward 96 one of our secondary maternity care areas. (This is a new initiative and will be opening in November 2021)
Click on our video to hear what our midwifery team have to say about working here:
For an initial informal conversation please contact Maylaine Cerna, Recruitment Consultant at MaylaineC@adhb.govt.nz
If you want to dive straight into a full application then please visit the ADHB career website: www.careers.adhb.govt.nz quoting reference number AUC08946.
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - Central Auckland|
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Midwifery - Hospital Setting|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|