Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
1.0 FTE (80 hours per fortnight) - Job share considered
Permanent PositionMonday to Friday
- Are you a suitably qualified and experienced Cardiac Sonographer looking to be part of a highly skilled and supportive Cardiology and Respiratory Department team?
Taranaki Base Hospital is located in New Plymouth. We are a 271 bed regional hospital, servicing the largely rural Taranaki population of approximately 121,000 people. The cardiology and respiratory department provides a wide range of services including the following: Diagnostic Coronary Angiography, Echocardiography (Adult and Paeds) - TTE and TOE, Holter monitoring, Respiratory diagnostics, Exercise tolerance testing, Chemical and physical perfusion scans and Pacemaker/ICD monitoring and management.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work with the latest model GE: E95 Echo Machines and reporting software. These machines provide 3D and strain capability for both TTE and TOE.
- Join a team of highly skilled professionals who aim to ensure efficient service delivery and provide a patient focused service.
- Maintain, identify and pursue opportunities for developing new knowledge and skills.
- Strive to eliminate health inequalities and achieve health equity for the Taranaki population.
Ideally the candidate will have:
- Registration with the Clinical Physiologists Registry Board as a Clinical Physiologist with Cardiac Scope and have a current APC.
- Be registered with the Society of Cardiopulmonary Technology Registration Board (CPRB) in NZ or in the process of registering.
- Alternatively to the CPRB, can be registered with the Medical Radiation Technologists Board (MRTB) with a scope of practice being Cardiac Ultrasound.
- Formal training in Echocardiography, e.g DMU (Cardiac, Part 2), PGDCU (QUT), BSE.
- At least two years Clinical Sonography experience.
- The ability to provide echo guidance for pericardial taps.
- The ability to train other staff in all aspects of echocardiography.
- The ability to independently comment on echocardiograms performed, accurately describing and analysing the scan content.
- The drive to be an active team member, contributing to department key performance indicators.
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (2,100 staff) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector.
Click here to view the job description.
If you are interested in this position please "apply online" from within this page.
If you would like further information about this position, please contact Nicky Lumb, Associate Clinical Nurse Manager - Cardiology and Respiratory, on 027 265 3287 or via email Nicky.Lumb@tdhb.org.nz
Applications close 25 February 2022
|Location:||North Island - Taranaki - New Plymouth|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Technical - Sonographers|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|