Team Leader - Cellular Therapies, Tissue Banking and Component Processing - Wellington
Change up your career and join the New Zealand Blood Service (NZBS) Cellular Therapies, Tissue Banking and Component Processing team in Wellington in a full-time permanent role.
About the role
As a Team Leader – Cellular Therapies, Tissue Banking and Component Processing, you will be responsible for leading our sole processing laboratory team in the lower North Island at our Donor Centre in Newtown, Wellington.
This team is responsible for a wide range of duties in a GMP environment including processing of blood and plasma products and providing Cell Therapy (HPC) processing in cleanrooms and storage in Liquid Nitrogen. They also manage the Wellington tissue bank, including allogenic femoral heads and autologous tissue storage. The work the team does is essential to ensuring we supply blood, blood products, cell therapy products and tissues that save lives daily.
As a Team Leader, you are responsible for:
- Providing a high and effective level of leadership to a team of dedicated technical staff through decisions made and the direction given in the delivery of services provided.
- Continually monitoring and improving systems, processes, efficiency, and the quality of services provided.
- Overseeing the manufacturing facility infrastructure and equipment that is integral to maintaining functioning cleanrooms, liquid nitrogen storage and laboratory space. These include the plant, equipment and alarms.
- Providing professional and effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in a manner that complies with defined quality standards e.g. FACT accreditation, GMP and Medsafe licensing and legislative requirements
- The development and maintenance of effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Managing some important business improvement initiatives and change management projects as we continue to extend the responsibilities and roles of the processing team.
Our new successful Team Leader will:
- Have a strong focus on people leadership and enjoy engaging and motivating your team to be successful
- Have significant experience in a technical role working in a regulated environment using a Quality Management System.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent communication, planning and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Have a proven ability to assess and communicate risks.
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements for working in a cleanroom would be an advantage.
So if you meet the above requirements and are looking for a challenging but rewarding people leadership role within a great team and organisation with the goal to save lives, this is the role for you!
About New Zealand Blood Service
New Zealand Blood Service (NZBS) has sole responsibility for collecting, processing and distributing blood in New Zealand. Through the generosity of our donors, we are able to help save lives through our blood, blood products and other services. At the end of the day, you know that you've contributed in some way to making a difference in someone's life.
Our shared values are at the heart of our organisation's culture and guide our behaviour every day. They inspire us, motivate us, and drive us to provide the very best service to the New Zealand public.
NZBS is a unique part of our health sector where no two days are the same and where your work will impact on people's lives.
If you're looking for a challenge, are hardworking and people focused then we want to hear from you. Change up your career and make a difference at NZBS.
The NZ Blood Service is part of the Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 (Health Order) effective on 25 October 2021 requiring employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of employment that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. The vaccine is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19.
|Location:||North Island - Wellington - Wellington Central|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Technical - Medical Lab Scientist / Technician|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|