Medical Registrars 2023-2024 - Wellington Region
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
- Permanent Medical Registrar positions for the 2023-2024 RMO year
- Allocations available in Wellington, Kenepuru, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa Hospitals
- Run descriptions available when allocations are confirmed
- The Wellington Region RMO positions are rotational across multiple hospitals, including Wellington Regional, Kenepuru, Hutt Valley and Masterton Hospitals which means that you may rotate to these sites during your time with us. If you are successful in gaining a position, the service will do their best to accommodate the run preferences stated within your cover letter.
- Our specialties cover General Medicine, Cardiology, Medical Oncology, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, Immunology, Rehabilitation, Rheumatology, Haematology, HOP and Acute HOP, Nephrology, Infectious Diseases, Geriatrics, Respiratory, Renal, Neurology, and Palliative Care. Relief runs are available.
- RMO salaries are calculated based on relevant previous years of experience and the average weekly hours of work as set out in the relevant run description. For the current salary bands, please refer to either the SpecialtyTrainees of New Zealand (SToNZ) or NZ Resident Doctors - Association(NZRDA) Multi-Employer Collective Agreements.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
and Hutt Hospitals provide an excellent environment for basic physician
training with rotations available in general medicine, and subspecialties when
these positions are not filled by advanced trainees including I.D., Endocrine,
Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Blood and Cancer, Neurology, Renal, Respiratory,
AT&R, Geriatrics, and Rheumatology. Registrars intending to sit the FRACP
exam will find a comprehensive and coordinated training programme, with weekly
exam-focussed tutorials and guidance from both senior registrars and
training in subspecialties is available in: Allergy and Immunology, Respiratory
and Sleep Medicine (including a dedicated Sleep Medicine registrar),
Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Medical Oncology, Clinical and
Laboratory Haematology (including Transfusion Medicine), Intensive Care,
Nephrology, Infections Diseases and Microbiology, Neurology, Palliative Care,
Endocrinology and Chemical Pathology, Clinical Genetics and Geriatrics.
also offer a Central Region registrar rotation. This is a comprehensive three
year rotation incorporating exposure to tertiary and secondary care centres
leaving candidates ideally placed to apply for SMO positions or consider
fellowship options. The first 12 months may be spent at Nelson Hospital
training in general Cardiology with exposure to interventional Cardiology and
Imaging, and the following 24 months as part of the advanced trainee programme
at Wellington Hospital.
General Medical service has dedicated advanced training positions (at Hutt and
Wellington Hospitals) which allow the trainee room for negotiation to attend
subspecialty clinics as well as general medicine clinics in combination with
acute ward-based general medicine. Time is available for research and audit
activity. The hospitals have a strong relationship with the University of
Otago, and trainees also provide teaching for medical students and junior
trainees are strongly encouraged to attend relevant conferences and courses,
and leave is provided for this purpose. Training costs associated with the
examination are met by the hospital, and includes books and exam preparation
- Workforce structure has been consistently improved over the last 24 months to optimise the balance between service and study. There are options for job-sharing and part-time training to facilitate and support exam preparation.
Moū - About you
for Resident Medical Officers who will be PGY3+/F3 or above by the role
- You must have eligibility for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Information on the process of application for this can be found on their website.
will need to be a NZ or Australian citizen or resident, or have an appropriate
visa to be eligible to live and work in NZ - information available on the Immigration New Zealand website.
note - important information for overseas graduates who are applying:
The MCNZ has introduced a new method of primary source verification using the Educational Commission for Foreign MedicalGraduates - Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (ECFMG - s EPIC) service.
If you are successful in obtaining a role in New Zealand, you will be required to have your primary medical degree verified through EPIC. Before MCNZ will start processing your application, you must have had your documents verified by EPIC. If you have would like more information about primary-source verification, please see MCNZs website or EPIC - s FAQ webpage.
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
- Here at the 3DHBs we embrace diversity and
welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages,
ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is
diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and
serve our community.
- Join our fellow 615 Resident Medical
Officers employed by the 3 District Health Boards of the Wellington Region
(Capital & Coast, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa DHB - s) to gain leading
experience, medical supervision and training.
- To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
- Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email RES-RMORecruitment@ccdhb.org.nz and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
2DHB requires ALL its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Please note we will be reviewing applications when received and will progress through the recruitment process
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Location:||North Island - Wellington - Wellington Central|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Registrar - General Medicine|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|