Registered Nurse - General Medicine, 6 East Ward
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Wellington Regional Hospital
Service: Hospital Flow - Ward 6 East General Medicine
Contract: Permanent, Rostered & Rotating, Registered Nurse (0.8 ' 0.9FTE or 32 ' 36 hours per week)
Salary: as per NZNO MECA - step -1-7 (depending on experience)
Kōrero mō te tūranga ' About the role
We are looking to recruit positive and enthusiastic Registered Nurses who have a genuine interest in patient well-being. If you have experience in the acute nursing care, geriatric nursing care, rehabilitation of the older person and you wish to extend your nursing skills within a multidisciplinary framework, we would like to hear from you.
We are currently looking for a part time Registered Nurse to work 0.8-0.9FTE (32-40 hours per week). Our shifts are rostered and rotating including weekends and nights which are 8-hour shifts within the roster.
Mō tō mātou rōpū ' About our team
General Medicine is the largest inpatient service and provides assessment, diagnosis, stabilisation and treatment, and rehabilitation of patients who present acutely for urgent medical diagnosis and treatment. General Medicine covers 3 departments with the Ward 6 East being one of them. Ward 6 East provides 24 hours, 7 days a week services that focuses on timely assessment, diagnosis and acute treatment planning of patients with a wide range of medical conditions. All of the patients admitted into this area benefit from a model of care that focuses on reducing hospital harm, improving function and facilitating good health outcomes.
The services provided by the department include:
- Acute medical care and assessment
- Diabetes and Endocrine, Dermatology, Rheumatology, Neurology and Oncology (acute presenting)
- Respiratory (inpatients)
- Elderly Services (Older Adult Rehabilitation and Allied Health Services)
- Alcohol and drug detoxification
- Consultation to surgical, orthopaedic, medical and ICU patients
- Medical presentations (are the most common group of patient) in ED
Moū ' About you
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate core competencies in nursing, and be keen to develop new skills and knowledge around Acute Geriatric Nursing. You'll have a passion for acute nursing care, the ability to function efficiently in a multi-disciplinary team and a desire to provide evidence-base quality nursing care.
- Undertakes a comprehensive and accurate nursing assessment of clients using suitable assessment tools underpinned by evidence-based knowledge.
- Contributes to care planning, involving clients, and demonstrates an understanding of clients' rights to make informed decisions.
- Provides nursing care according to plan and undertakes clinical practice procedures and skills in a competent and safe way.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing care seeking assistance and knowledge as necessary.
Skills & Experience
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC with proven clinical expertise within an acute care setting, rehabilitation and geriatric care.
- Motivated and flexible self-starter with the ability to work both in a team and autonomously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the proven ability to engage people at all levels
- Competence in cannulation and phlebotomy is also desirable.
- Current NZ work visa/residency.
E pā ana ki a tatou ' About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email email@example.com and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
Your safety and that of our patients is important to us. It is our expectation that you will be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, having received two doses of an approved COVID 19 vaccination.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Location:||North Island - Wellington - Wellington Central|
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Registered Nurse|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|