Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora - Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District
Are you passionate about Midwifery and working to service the community?
Then come join our supportive and positive team at Wellington Hospital or one of our two primary maternity care facilities
Location: Wellington Regional Hospital, Kenepuru and Paraparaumu Maternity Units
Contract: Permanent full-time and part time positions available. ( FTE from 0.6-1)
Salary: As per MECA step 3-7 depending on experience.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Wellington is the political and cultural capital city of New Zealand/Aotearoa and is home to museums, theatres, arts festivals, beautiful nature walks, conservation areas and amazing cafes, restaurants and bars.
Surrounded by our beautiful Pacific Ocean, our city is a breeze to walk around and public transport is quick and affordable. Capital, Coast and Hutt valley district are looking to recruit dedicated and compassionate midwives who would like to gain experience across a wide range of maternity services including a centralised primary, secondary, tertiary facility, dedicated primary care facilities and community settings.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
You will be surrounded by a supportive Midwifery team here at our modern tertiary based hospital at Capital Coast District and Hutt Valley Health Board. We can offer great opportunities to enhance your skills within our dynamic team.
Our primary care setting offers autonomy and close working relationships with women, whanau (their family) and our LMC midwifery colleagues. You will be primarily responsible for postnatal care in partnership with a women - s LMC and supporting the LMC with births as required.
You will be skilled and able to deal with issues requiring rapid response and you will be confident in emergency situations.
Moū - About you
- Have the ability to work well in an integrated team
- Are organised with good time management
- Have a strong women/whanau centred philosophy
- Are experienced and proactive with breastfeeding assistance and support
- Have the ability to work collaboratively with all health professionals to support excellence in maternity care
- Understands the importance of liaising with all stakeholders in the hospital and community environment
- Have strong interpersonal communication skills
- Are adaptable to change
- Are willing and able to perform some non-midwifery duties to ensure the efficiency and seamless management of the unit.
- Please see covering letter requirements below under how to apply
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicity, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
- A core part of our recruitment process will be reading your covering letter, we do encourage you to discuss your midwifery work experience in detail and why you are interested in this opportunity.
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Job type:||Permanent Full time, Permanent Part time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|