Allied Health Assistant / Kaiāwhina Taurimatanga Hauora Kōtui (Community)
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora - Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District
Location: Ewart Building, 2 Coromandel Street, Newtown, Wellington.
Service: ORA Wellington Community Team
Contract: Permanent, Part Time, 0.6 FTE / 24 hours per week (3 days a week worked usual business hours between Monday - Friday, days are negotiable)
Salary: As per Allied Health MECA
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
We - re looking for an experience, enthusiastic person who is able to motivate others and provide top notch allied health support to people living in the Wellington area.
The person in this role will be taking on activities delegated by Allied Health and Nursing professionals including Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Social Workers, Speech Language Therapists, Dietitians and our specialist Nurses. The successful applicant will have a busy and varied day, working across a range of settings and with a variety of people.
A typical day for you might include:
- Supporting patients with their rehabilitation and therapy in their own homes or a community setting
- Supporting Allied and Nursing clinicians in group treatment programmes (e.g. Parkinson - s group)
- Deliver and setting up equipment in patients homes
- Completing tasks to support the smooth running of our community service (e.g. car management and ordering equipment for clinicians)
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
You will be part of the wider ORA Wellington Community Team of allied health, nursing and medical colleagues of which you would work alongside 2 other Allied Health Assistants. Support from experienced clinicians is available to support your development and improve patient outcomes. The team works with predominantly adults with a range of physical disabilities and age related and long term conditions to support their independence.
Moū - About you
We are looking for a person who has:
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good organisational skills and be able to work alone with patients in their own homes
- Experience of working with in the health care setting
- Team working skills and a can do attitude
- A National Certificate in Community Support (level 3) Core Competencies or National Certificate in Health, Disability and Aged Support (level 3) (Health Assistants - Rehabilitation Assistance or Health Assistance strand) or equivalent (or willingness to complete one of these qualifications)
- A full drivers licence (as you will be driving to patient - s houses)
- Proficient computer skills
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email email@example.com and indicate the job title and vacancy number (AH313-22) in the subject line.
Your safety and that of our patients is important to us. It is our expectation that you will be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, having received two doses of an approved COVID 19 vaccination.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Location:||North Island - Wellington - Wellington Central|
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Allied Health - Therapy Assistant|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|