Registered Nurse Neurosurgery- Ward 7 South
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Wellington Regional Hospital
Service: Neurosurgery, Neurology, Acute Stroke
Contract: Part time/Full time Rostered and Rotating.
Salary: NZNO -DHB MECA guided
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Ward 7 South is an acute surgical ward that provides care to patients that have neurological conditions. The variety of patient presentations offers the opportunity for our Registered Nurse-s to utilise and further develop nursing knowledge and skills, in a rich learning environment.
- Maintaining high level of patient assessment skills.
- Team nursing approach
- Possess good post-operative assessment skills.
- Critical thinking ability to recognise clinical changes in the deteriorating patient.
- Ongoing professional development and supportive team environment.
- We offer clinical nursing education on the floor and preceptors.
- Various full and part time positions available
- Working as part of a dynamic team in partnership with the allied health team to effect a positive outcome for the patient.
MōW tō mātou rōpū - About our team
Ward 7 South at Wellington Regional Hospital has 25 beds, we provide assessment, diagnosis, and specialised treatments for patients who present acutely with neurological deterioration. 6 of our beds are nursed in our Neuroscience Advanced observation Area. We cover 3 specialities.
- Neurosurgery - Trauma, Aneurysm, Tumours
- Acute Stroke - Thrombectomy, Thrombolysis
- Neurology - Seizures, Parkinson, Guillain Barre syndrome
Moū - About you
We-ve saved a space for you-.. Are you a motivated, engaging and compassionate person who is looking to make a difference in the lives of those who are vulnerable? You have experience working in an acute tertiary ward, you possess attributes including resilience, integrity and the ability to respond appropriately to emergency and clinical deteriorating patients.
Skills & Experience
- Acute clinical experience.
- Demonstrates high clinical standards in patient assessments
- Completed a CAP/Netp programme
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment that valves team work
- Enthusiasm to learn.
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current annual practicing certificate.
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at the 2DHBs (Capital & Coast District Health Board and Hutt Valley District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
The 2DHBs are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following link:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email email@example.com and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
We require all our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This includes the booster dose within six months of receiving the second dose of initial vaccination (for some people the initial vaccination will have comprised of three doses). We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Location:||North Island - Wellington - Wellington Central|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Registered Nurse|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|