Section Head - EP and Pacing
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Wellington Regional Hospital
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Steps 9 -17, $82,299 - $113,282 (Rest of NZ PSA/DHB Allied Health & Technical MECA)
Kōrero mō te tūranga ' About the role
The role of Section Head- EP and Pacing is a mixed clinical and management role within the Cardiac Physiology team managing workflow and staff. The management time allocation designated for this position is approximately 0.2 FTE, with the remaining balance being clinical work, however this may be vary depending on need. The Section Head will be based at Wellington Regional Hospital though may be required to work at other Central Region District Health Boards of Hutt Valley, Wairarapa, Whanganui, Mid-Central, Hawkes Bay, and Nelson Marlborough.
Moū ' About you
- Lead a patient focused service and provide leadership for the service, delivering a high professional standard
- Maintain senior Clinical Physiology Practitioner skills, to work at a high standard, ensuring patient needs are met when accessing Clinical Physiology services
- Manage the day-to-day workings of the team including leave and roster management
- Develop an understanding of all technical and support tasks required to oversee a service
- Support trainee Clinical Cardiac Physiologists enrolled in Clinical Physiology training.
- Facilitate and co-ordinate the training of Clinical Physiologists.
- Expand and use knowledge of the other cardiac diagnostic services to identify quality improvements to service delivery locally and where applicable across the Central Region.
Skills & Experience
- IBHRE or CEPIA
- NZ Registration with CPRB as CCP with a current APC
- Advanced Resuscitation certificate.
- Minimum of 5 years post registration experience in a Clinical Cardiac Physiology role
- Wide range of experience and expertise in Cardiac investigations
- Experience in peer-teaching, mentoring and assessment
- Experience in Leadership
- Clean and current full NZ driver's license
E pā ana ki a tatou ' About us
Here at the 2DHBs (Capital & Coast District Health Board and Hutt Valley District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
The 2DHBs are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
How to apply
Applications close 28 August 2022 and can only be accepted when submitted through our CCDHB Careers Website.
We require all our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This includes the booster dose within six months of receiving the second dose of initial vaccination (for some people the initial vaccination will have comprised of three doses). We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
For further information on this role please email Philip.Adamson@ccdhb.org.nz and indicate the job title and vacancy number (AH125-22) in the subject line.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Location:||North Island - Wellington - Wellington Central|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Technical - Cardiac Physiologist|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|