Section Head - Echocardiography / Kaiwhakarongo Pātukinga Manawa
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Wellington Regional Hospital/Kenepuru Hospital/Hutt Valley Hospital
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: As per South of Auckland DHB Sonographers collective agreement
Kōrero mō te tūranga ' About the role
The role of Section Head- Cardiac Sonography is a mixed clinical and management role within the Cardiac Physiology team. The role will also be key in contributing to the development of the Cardiac Sonography workforce within the 2DHB network of Capital and Coast DHB and Hutt valley DHB.
- Leading a patient focused service delivering a high professional standard
- Providing professional leadership for the service,
- Maintaining senior Cardiac Sonography skills
- Managing the day-to-day workings of the team including leave and rostering, and case load management
- Supporting local and regional trainee Cardiac Sonographers enrolled in training programmes
- Facilitating and co-ordinating the on-going training of Cardiac Sonographers.
- Expanding and using knowledge of the other cardiac diagnostic services to identify quality improvements to service delivery locally and where applicable across the Central Region
The Section Head will be based at Wellington Regional Hospital though may be required to work at other Central Region District Health Boards of Hutt Valley, Wairarapa, Whanganui, Mid-Central, Hawkes Bay, and Nelson / Marlborough.
Mō tō mātou rōpū ' About our team
We are an energetic team of approximately 6 staff who provide Cardiac Sonography services for the DHB. Services include adult and paediatric in both the inpatient and outpatient setting. We value ongoing education and skill development and are a very supportive team.
Moū ' About you
Someone well suited to the role will have a wide range of expertise in cardiac sonography and will place a high value on self-led learning, maintaining competency and growing current knowledge base through ongoing personal professional development. They will have experience in peer teaching, mentoring and assessment as well as a proven history of successful professional leadership and operational management.
You will have:
- DMU, GradDip Cardiac-ultrasound, QUT, or equivalent
- Registered with MRTB as a Sonographer (cardiac) and maintains an APC, or eligible to register with MRTB without restrictions as a Cardiac Sonographer upon successful employment.
- Minimum of 5 years post registration experience as a Cardiac Sonographer
- Valid immigration status
- Clean and current full NZ driver's license
E pā ana ki a tatou ' About us
Here at the 2DHBs (Capital & Coast District Health Board and Hutt Valley District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
The 2DHBs are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email Philip.Adamson@ccdhb.org.nz and indicate the job title and vacancy number (AH049-22) in the subject line.
We require all our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This includes the booster dose within six months of receiving the second dose of initial vaccination (for some people the initial vaccination will have comprised of three doses). We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
e will be reviewing applications when received and will progress through the recruitment process until advertising closes on 30 October 2022.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Location:||North Island - Wellington - Wellington Central|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Technical - Cardiac Physiologist|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|