Electrician - Wairau Hospital, Blenheim
Te Whatu Ora Health New Zealand
- Full-time permanent position involving rostered after hours and weekend on call
- Interesting work in a health environment
- Contribute to health outcomes across our region
- Positive work ethic and committed to giving excellent client service
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
Nelson Marlborough Health is looking for a NZ Registered Electrician to be an
effective member of the facilities team with responsibility for the
maintenance, repair, testing and installation of all electrical trade related
plant, equipment, (including biomedical equipment), services and facilities
within the department's area of responsibility.
Full-time position (80 hours per fortnight)
with an on call roster for callouts and standby.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
It will be essential that you have a minimum of two years
post-registration electrical experience and sound knowledge of both the electrical and
building industries. You will have a positive work ethic and commitment to
delivering excellent client service.
- Certification, planned and reactive maintenance of the electrical appliances, equipment & systems used throughout the hospital.
- Provide feedback on asset condition.
- Consistently apply good trade workmanship and aware of new advances in relevant technology and work practices.
- Participate in the on-call component which actively takes part in the after hour's on-call trade's team.
- Monitor and report on health and safety in the work place.
- Assist the Biomedical Department 1 day a week
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in appliance maintenance and or electrical duties.
- Qualified and registered in New Zealand and hold a current electrical licence
- A current New Zealand driver's license.
- Fit and able to undertake the required duties.
You are required to provide proof that you have completed your primary course of NZ approved Covid-19 vaccinations.
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Te Whatu Ora Nelson
Marlborough is the main health provider for the top of the south. Nearly
3,000 strong, we are Nelson and Marlborough's largest employer. Our main
locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region
and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are
up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value
integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
this role you will be able to apply your electrician skills and experience to
make a real difference to people's lives.
Situated at the top of the South Island, Blenheim is well known for its temperate climate, award winning wineries, stunning scenery and outdoor pursuits - all available within minutes of the town centre. For more information on the Marlborough region visit https://marlboroughnz.com/
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries
please contact our recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
or 03 546 1274.
For role specific information please contact Philip Reardon, Acting
Facilities Manager on Philip.Reardon@nmdhb.govt.nz
Apply now, it's easy. Please fill in our online application form.
Applications close: Open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are
received, so we encourage you to apply early.
Te Whatu Ora strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.
|Location:||South Island - Nelson / Marlborough - Blenheim|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Non-clinical - Facilities / Security - Facilities / Security|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|