Public Health Nurse - Hamilton & Rural
Where you’ll be working: Hamilton and Rural Public Health Nurse Team
The details: Permanent, Part-Time (64 hours per fortnight)
Salary details: $67,938 – $88,757 per annum
- Be part of the national transformation in Health
- Variety across sites in the Public Health nursing service
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We currently require a registered nurse in our Public Health Nursing Service. This position will be based in Hamilton and you may be required to travel to other bases/areas within the Waikato region.
This is mainly a Monday to Friday service with hours between 8 am - 4:30 pm
Click here to view the position description.
Mō tātou Ratonga | About our Service
An orientation program will be provided and start date can be negotiated.
Mōu | About you
Required skills & experience you will need to be consider for this role:
• a minimum of three years of experience as a registered nurse
• a full current NZ driver's licence and current NZ practising certificate
• current community experience and knowledge of the local networks
• child and family nursing experience
• sensitivity to cultural aspects and the ability to apply the Treaty of Waitangi principles to practice
• excellent communication skills and a positive outlook
• be resilient, flexible and ability to work with changes
• the ability to work effectively within a team and independently
• excellent assessment skills and time management
• authorisation as a vaccinator would be an advantage
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Te iwi Ngakaunui – People at Heart
• Whakamana – Give and earn respect
• Whakaronga – Listen to me; Talk to me
• Mauri Pai – Fair play
• Whakapakari – Growing the good
• Kotahitanga – Stronger together
It is not very often something happens that is big; like, really big. Big to the point that it will touch the lives of every single person in the country. That is what we are talking about here. The provision of Health in Aotearoa New Zealand, and how its run is about to change in a big way.
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand and Te Aka Whai Ora - Māori Health Authority will together shape the delivery of Health services in Aotearoa New Zealand for generations to come, and will form the core of a modern and integrated service looking after the needs of all our Whānau.
We are dedicated to achieving health equity for Māori and other priority populations. We are a Crown entity and an active partner in Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand is guided by Te Tiriti o Waitangi and is committed to upholding the articles.
Here at Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Waikato we have a team of 8,000 working across the Waikato where everyone plays a vital role in the care of our patients – directly or non-directly. Our vision is Healthy People. Excellent Care.
We are a values-based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. Reflecting the population we serve is an important part of the care we deliver to the community. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply. We proactively develop pathways that maximise opportunity for Māori and encourage Māori to apply.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Elysia Koretz in the Recruitment Team on Elysia.Koretz@waikatodhb.health.nz
Closing date: 31 January 2023
A national Vaccination Policy which includes COVID19 is under development. In the interim, a Health and Safety Risk Assessment against the requirements of the role will apply to unvaccinated candidates and employees and appropriate risk mitigation (e.g. extra PPE, RAT testing) may be taken as a result. Please note that when a Vaccination Policy is introduced it will apply to this role and need to be supported.
North Island - Waikato -
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Community / District / Public Health|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|