Thames AH Assistant
Where you’ll be working: Thames Occupational Therapy team, Thames Hospital
The details: Permanent Full-time, 40 hours per week (1.0 FTE)
An exciting opportunity has become available for an allied health assistant to work with Waikato District Health Board based at Thames Hospital with the Thames Occupational Therapy team.
If you enjoy working in a team environment, in a job that has a variety of tasks, including visiting people in their homes setting up equipment, seeing patients on the wards, plus admin and computer tasks, then this job maybe for you.
Aspects of this role will include:
• Assist occupational therapists with client interventions in client’s home.
• Deliver, install and/ or collect adaptive equipment, at clients’ home.
• Perform basic administration tasks.
• This is a permanent position, 40 hours a week Monday to Friday.
• You will be based at Thames Hospital but there would be some traveling around Thames/Coromandel areas.
You will need to have:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Be able to work in a team environment and independently
• Flexibility around work demands
• Cultural awareness
• A current full NZ drivers licence
Previous experience working in health care is desirable.
Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Waikato Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Waikato. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
Waikato Hospital in Hamilton is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Clinical specialities include Women’s and Children Services, Cardiology / Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Haematology, Surgical services, and Mental Health and Addiction. Waikato Hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. If you would like to discuss this position further before applying please call Adela Knottenbelt 021 323 731
Application closing date: 12 October 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
|Location:||North Island - Waikato - Hamilton|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Allied Health - Therapy Assistant|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|