Registrar, Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora Taranaki
Taranaki Whanui He Rohe Oranga - Taranaki Together, A Healthy Community
Te Kaupapa – Mission
Improving, promoting, protecting and caring for the health and wellbeing of the people of Taranaki.
We are looking for people that share our vision by providing the best care for our people and our community. We have a responsibility to see the whole picture, the whole community, in terms of health and to support everyone working in Taranaki to do the best job they can in a world of constant change.
Taranaki - A place like no other
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click here to read more information about Taranaki.
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
At Te Whatu Ora Taranaki we are committed to recognising the value our people bring to our organisation within a supportive team of healthcare professionals that provide comprehensive care to our patients.
We believe having workforce that is diverse and inclusive, we are a pro-equity Health Organisation and this means that we will be better positioned to understand and serve our community.
When you choose to work with us, we will offer you:
- A comprehensive orientation and induction to our organisation and your department
- Access to clinical training and education
- Up to date facilities, Have a look at
- Project Maunga - our New Facilities currently under construction check this out on our website www.tdhb.org/maunga.shtml
- Opportunities to participate on local project and regional collaboration teams
- Professional development
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
We are seeking to appoint a Registrar to our Obstetrics and Gynaecology Service. The successful candidate will ideally have at least one-two years’ experience working in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
The maternity arm of our hospital comprises of a:
- 6 bed delivery suites with 4 adjoining antenatal beds;
- 14 post-natal beds; and
- A 6 cot Neonatal Unit accepting premature infants from 28 weeks gestation.
Gynaecology patients are cared for in our surgical ward.
The duration of this run is 12 months. The run is accredited as a training position for specialist qualification for the RANZCOG.
- Responsible to their Consultant for the day to day clinical management of the team’s patients. After hours the RMO is responsible to the on-call Consultant for all the patients in the secondary obstetrics and gynaecology service.
- Required to attend to any medical emergency when on call.
- Required to attend Consultant ward rounds when performed within ordinary hours.
- Attendance at outpatient clinics as required by the Consultant.
- Elective theatre lists shall be scheduled and posted in theatre by midday the previous day or midday Friday in the case of Monday lists.
- Participate in theatre sessions as required by the Consultant or diploma requirements.
Click here to view the run description.
Moū - About you
Are you a qualified Obstetrics and Gynaecology Registrar who is able to practise in New Zealand who would embrace an exciting opportunity in a beautiful province with fantastic work life balance?
Do you share in our vision, our values and will ensure our patients feel supported and cared for throughout their journey with us?
We would love to hear from you! - Join us!
If you would like further information or if you have any queries please contact in confidence firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title in the subject line.
If you want to make an application click on "Apply Online" from within this page.
For further information, please contact Abbey Osborne on Email: Abbey.Osborne@tdhb.org.nz
Applications Close: Friday 31 March 2023
|Location:||North Island - Taranaki - New Plymouth|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Registrar - Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|