Clinical Pharmacist -Emergency Department
Emergency Department Pharmacist
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
Part & Full time positions available
Salary Band - Step 2 - 13, $63,702 - $104,108 PSA Allied MECA
- Are you seeking a specialist pharmacist role which will support you to work to the top of your scope?
- Are you looking for an exciting and stimulating work environment, where you can be part of a new focused model of care?
New Plymouth was named the most liveable city, for a population between 75,000-150,000, by the International Awards for Liveable Communities
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click here to read more information about Taranaki.
The Te Whatu Ora Taranaki is a large organisation operating in the exciting, changing Health sector to a population of 116,600 people. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, experienced and dynamic NZ Registered Pharmacist to join our team as part of our new ED pharmacy service at Taranaki Base Hospital. This position will work closely with the Lead ED Pharmacist, ED staff, pharmacy, and other specialist teams to play a key role in the development of this new pharmacy service. Our ED Pharmacy Service aims to capture patients early in their admission to hospital in order to optimise patient outcomes and encourage safe use of medications within the ED environment and beyond. This will be a 7-day a week, 10-12 hour per day pharmacy service.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Provide a high level of clinical pharmacy expertise within ED
- Facilitate medicines reconciliation and clinical pharmacist review early in the patient presentation to hospital to optimise patient outcomes
- Provide expert advice to medical, nursing and other clinical staff on safe and effective use of medicines
- Provide information to patients, caregivers and whānau on safe and effective medicine use
- Promote safe medication practices and use of medication systems
- Promote and engage in collaborative, multidisciplinary relationships
- Contribute to the education and training of pharmacy and other clinical staff members
- Contribute to ED pharmacy service development and improvement
Ideally the candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in hospital pharmacy
- Completed or working towards relevant postgraduate qualification/s
- Broad clinical pharmacy experience, preferably with previous experience working in the ED setting
- A strong patient and medication safety focus
- The ability to work under pressure in an acute, fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
To view the position description click here.
If you are interested in the above position please "Apply Online" from this page.
If you would like further information about this position, please contact Claire Barnfather (Acting Pharmacy Operations Manager) on 06 753 7777 ext. 7733 or via email Claire.Barnfather@tdhb.org.nz
Application close Friday 9 June 2023.
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|