Alcohol and Other Drug Counsellor
Taranaki Base Hospital New Plymouth & South Taranaki.
1.0 FTE (80 hours per fortnight)
Permanent Fulltime, Multiple Positions Available
Two positions are to cover South Taranaki
- Are you an experienced Addictions Clinician and/or looking to gain more experience in this field?
- Are you passionate about delivering a high quality service?
- Do you want to work in a dynamic Alcohol and Addictions team?
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Alcohol and other Drug Counsellor or a clinician who is keen to develop their skills and expertise in this field to work in our passionate and dynamic multi-disciplinary Alcohol and Addictions team.
The Alcohol and Addiction’s team works from a base site in New Plymouth and has satellite clinics in Waitara, Opunake, Hawera & Stratford. The team provides a specialist service throughout Taranaki, for adults from the age of 18 years inclusive, who are experiencing problematic alcohol and/or substance abuse and dependency issues. The service is structured around a diverse multi-disciplinary team who provide 1-1 counselling, group therapy work, detoxification treatment, Opioid Substitution Treatment and Co-existing Problems treatment.
We will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to provide:
- assessment and specialised addiction treatment in our busy community outpatient addiction service in New Plymouth to adults aged 18 years and over;
- quality, evidence based treatment in collaboration with people seeking support and the input of the wider multi disciplinary team;
- opportunity to work individually with service users and whanau, collaboratively with colleagues and travel to rural Taranaki to provide services in our satellite clinics.
To be successful you will have qualifications and experience:
- registration with DAPANZ (Drug and Alcohol Practitioners’ Association Aotearoa–New Zealand);
- experience in mental health and addictions service delivery;
- ability to work under pressure, be a good team player and positively contribute to service delivery;
- be prepared to travel across Taranaki rohe to meet the needs of our people and have a willing, 'can do' attitude.
Click here to view the job description.
If you have any questions about this position please contact Gabby Ward (Team Leader, Alochol and Drug Service) on Gabby.Ward@tdhb.org.nz
If you are interested in this position, please "Apply Online" from this page.
Applications close 9th February 2022.
|Location:||North Island - Taranaki - New Plymouth|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Mental Health - Alcohol and Drug Counsellor|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|