Bio-Medical Engineering Technician
Bio-Medical Engineering Technician (BMET)
Taranaki District Health Board, New Plymouth
1.0 FTE (80 hours per fortnight)
Salary Band: $59,035 - $118,982 PSA Allied MECA
- Do you exhibit an enthusiasm and attention to detail in your work?
- Are you self-motivated and enjoy a varied workload?
New Plymouth was named the most liveable city, for a population between 75,000-150,000, by the International Awards for Liveable Communities
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click here to read more information about Taranaki.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation operating in the exciting, changing Health sector. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page.
About the Role
The Taranaki District Health Board Engineering Services Team provides a wide range of repair, maintenance and construction engineering services across all TDHB owned sites with teams located at Taranaki Base and Hawera Hospitals.
A position currently exists in the Clinical Engineering Section for an experienced Bio-Medical Engineering Technician (BMET) to join the current team at Taranaki Base Hospital.
The successful applicant will be qualified as a Bio-Medical Engineering Technician with provable experience in the maintenance and repair of medical equipment to meet AS/NZS 3551.
This is a varied role requiring diagnostics, repairs, and performance verification tests on a wide range of biomedical devices with complexity levels that range from relatively simple Tympanic Thermometers to Anaesthetic Delivery Units and Monitors.
Qualities, skills and experience required:
- A minimum of 3 years work in a clinical engineering environment.
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- An attitude and motivation for excellence and pride in one’s own work.
- Tertiary qualification in electronic engineering to at least NZQA level 5 or equivalent.
- An understanding of AS/NZS2500 and AS/NZS3551.
- An understanding of NZ workplace health and safety principles.
- Registration with the NZ Electrical Workers Registration Board.
Other qualities, skills and experience desired:
- Competent computer and data entry skills.
- Report writing skills.
- A strong commitment to Health and Safety in the workplace and a basic understanding, at least, of the relevant legislation.
Please click here to view the position description.
If you are interested in the position, please "Apply Online" from this page.
For further information please contact Philip Olckers via Email: Philip.Olckers@tdhb.org.nz.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 5 October 2022
|Location:||North Island - Taranaki - New Plymouth|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Non-clinical - Facilities / Security - Facilities / Security|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|