Dental/Oral Health Therapist
Taranaki District Health Board, New Plymouth
1.0 FTE (80 hours per fortnight)
- Are you an experienced therapist delivering quality dental care?
- Are you graduating and looking for the first step in your career?
New Plymouth was named the most liveable city, for a population between 75,000-150,000, by the International Awards for Liveable Communities
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click here to read more information about Taranaki.
Te Whatu Ora Taranaki is a large organisation operating in the exciting, changing Health sector. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page.
The Community Oral Health Service has permanent full and part time positions for registered Dental/Oral Health Therapists.
These roles would be suitable for New Zealand registered Dental/Oral Health Therapists with up to date clinical skills and knowledge, and a strong motivation to work effectively with families/whanau to improve oral health.
These roles require the Dental/Oral Health Therapists to have either proven experience in all aspects of their scope (including conventional and Hall technique stainless steel crowns), or recent approved training through the University of Otago or Auckland University of Technology.
You will be offered the opportunity to:
- Eliminate health inequalities and achieve health equity for the Taranaki population
- Develop appropriate patient assessment with an individual care plan
- Display your positive and innovative attitude to oral health promotion
- Work cohesively and professionally with other oral health staff in the wider team
Ideally candidates will:
- Have up-to-date clinical skills
- Be committed to high standards of dental care and oral health education
- Be adaptable , flexible and reliable
- Have an ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have a current full drivers licence
Relocation assistance and a professional development plan will be offered.
Taranaki is one of those magical places in the world where people come for a visit, and find they never want to leave. And you will too. The wonderful natural environment with a majestic mountain at its heart, the rugged coastline world-renowned for its surf, great career opportunities, our love of art and culture, thriving cafés, and outdoor living mean it's a fantastic place to work, live and play. Click here to view more information about the Taranaki region: http://www.taranaki.info/visit/home.aspx
Click here to view the job description.
Applications close October 20 2022
|Location:||North Island - Taranaki - New Plymouth|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Dental - Dental Therapist|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|