Occupational Therapist, South Community Mental Health Team
Hawera Hospital, Hawera, South Taranaki
0.8 FTE (64 hours per fortnight)
- Do you want to work for an employer known for their focus on employee wellness?
- Would like to work with a passionate and innovative team in a beautiful Rural Community?
- Do you thrive working as a part of a Multi-disciplinary Team?
- Come join us on the slopes of Taranaki Maunga.
New Plymouth was named the most liveable city, for a population between 75,000-150,000, by the International Awards for Liveable Communities
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click here to read more information about Taranaki.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (2,400 staff) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector to a population of 116,600 people. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page.
A vacancy exists for a qualified Occupational Therapist to work in our rural Adult Community Mental Health Team. The geographical area of work will be South and Central Taranaki which includes Hawera Hospital as well as satellite clinics to areas such as Stratford, Patea, and Opunake.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of specialist providing mental health assessments, case management, coordination and activating support services to enhance skills and recovery for people. This position will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Undertake a key worker role for identified clients within the Multidisciplinary Team
- Identify occupational performance issues and provide appropriate intervention, recommendations and referral to other agencies as required
- Assess, monitor and deliver specialist interventions regarding mental state and risk management
Ideally you will have:
- A current Occupational Therapist Qualification and Practicing Certificate
- Registration with the New Zealand Registration Board
- Clinical experience in a specialist mental health & addictions setting
- Group facilitation skills
- A current NZ drivers licence
Please click here to view the job description.
If you are interested in the above position please "Apply Online" from this page.
If you would like further information about this position please contact Sue Dunick, Team Leader on (06) 278 9917, ext 6900 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 18 August 2022.
|Location:||North Island - Taranaki - Hawera|
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Mental Health - Occupational Therapist|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|