Enrolled Nurse - Surgical Ward
Salary Band - $67,800 - $80,900 p.a. pro-rata plus Kiwisaver
- Join a great team
- Career development opportunities
- Permanent position 0.8 FTE
- Competitive salary plus paid overtime and carpark
Mō te tūranga - About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to work collaboratively with a dynamic team of health care professionals from a variety of disciplines, and gain further exposure to develop your repertoire of nursing skills.
We will support you to develop your practice in an environment that models excellence in nursing, leadership, professionalism and best practice principles. There is ample opportunity to build on your foundation of knowledge and expand your breadth of skills here, whether it's through the varied and diverse caseloads or through professional development and mentoring; those who are motivated to continue learning will certainly be kept on their toes.
Mōu ake - About you
We're looking for an enrolled nurse with an interest in surgical nursing. You will also have:
- a current New Zealand Registration and APC
- a desire to continue to learn/upskill
- strong communication skills and the ability to quickly develop a rapport with patients and their whanau/family
Painga - Benefits
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Free on-site parking
- Short work commutes - only 10 to 15 minutes drive to work from anywhere in the city
- Access to discounted staff holiday accommodation in Te Anau and Central Otago
- Access to a range of retail and entertainment discounts
- Discounted rates available with local childcare provider
- Affordable housing and beautiful scenery
Mō mātou - About us
Sick of long commutes to work? Southland Hospital is located within a 10 to 15 minute drive from anywhere in Invercargill and offers free car parking on site for staff. Our hospital is a modern, secondary level four base hospital offering an innovative and progressive working environment. Small and intimate enough to get to know not only your colleagues, but your patients in particular. Here you will enjoy a clinically challenging and rewarding job combined with a relaxed and satisfying lifestyle.
Now is a great time to re-locate to Southland if you were considering the move. Southland offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing, and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it's the outdoors - kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting, or fishing; or theatre, live-music or art or shopping and dining out - there's literally something for everyone. Check out discover Invercargill for what we can offer you and your whanau.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the Te Whatu Ora/NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between Step 1 ($67,898 p.a. pro-rata) and Step 5 ($80,921 p.a. pro-rata) of the Enrolled Nurse Salary Scale.
Closing date: Monday, 11 December 2023.
Due to the fast paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Do you currently work for Southern? If so, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
For further information please contact Diane Wilson, Recruitment Advisor, email@example.com
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 Vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|