Maternity Care Assistant
Maternity Ward, Southland Hospital
Salary band - $54,100 to $64,309 p.a pro rata + Kiwisaver
- Casual position - work around your timetable
- Launch your midwifery career
- A unique opportunity to develop your skills while studying
Join our maternity team to make a real difference to the experience of new parents, their babies and their families and whānau.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
As a Maternity Care Assistant you will be involved in:
- supporting our Midwives - assisting with patient care under supervision
- cleaning equipment and preparing the birthing rooms
- basic baby care (bathing, changing nappies, and settling babies)
- assisting women with showering and at meal times
- clerical duties and other general duties as required to assist with the smooth running of the department.
Becoming a Maternity Care Assistant is a great opportunity to:
- gain hands-on experience to compliment your studies
- set the tone for your future career as a midwife
- understand how the maternity ward runs day-to-day
- receive on the job support from those who have been in your shoes!
Mōu ake - About you
We are seeking applications from current midwifery students, who are dynamic, friendly and can demonstrate a high level of initiative. You will be committed to high standards of practice, be well organised and have excellent communication skills.
It is important that you are motivated, flexible, and enthusiastic. Experience working with people in a caring capacity is advantageous, however we are excited to support your entry into the profession.
As a casual employee, you may be asked to complete morning, afternoon or night shifts, but we will work together to create a great balance for your schedule.
Mō mātou - About us
Here at Southland Hospital we value the care we offer mothers, babies and whanau/families in our maternity centre. Our brand of care and compassion involves a very special blend of strength, compassion and cool headedness from our midwives who welcome our babies into the world.
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role is covered by the terms and conditions of the expired DHBs / MERAS Multi-Employer Collective Agreement and the salary will be in accordance with the Midwifery Pay Equity Settlement Agreement, Maternity Care Assistants Salary Scale, between Step 1 and Step 5, $54,100 to $64,309 per annum, pro rata.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Open.
Due to the fast paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 Vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to COVID-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job/Maternity-Care-Assistant/938445910/
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|