Allied Health, Southland Hospital
Salary band - $59,035 - $85,992 p.a pro rata, Kiwisaver and on-site parking.
Two fixed-term, parental leave cover roles available:
- 20 hours per week (0.5 FTE) until November 2024
- 40 hours per week (1.0 FTE) until October 2024
- Competitive salary, discounted health insurance and subsidised gym membership
- Access to professional development and peer support
This position involves working in either the inpatient or outpatient setting with a range of age groups at Southland Hospital. This role requires the ability to work effectively and autonomously in a fast-paced environment. An understanding of optimising patient outcomes is essential.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
Join a well-developed on-going support and professional development programme, which will nurture you to evolve into a capable and confident physiotherapist.
Take part in regular in-services, senior staff mentoring, an interprofessional learning programme and support network and peer-review.
Access to comprehensive on-call competency-training framework, and access to course and conference funding.
Develop as a clinician with training opportunities across the district with senior mentors in either Dunedin or Invercargill.
Mōu ake - About you:
- Enthusiastic team-player who is keen grow their knowledge and skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a proactive approach towards learning.
- Registration with the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand and hold a current APC.
Painga - Benefits:
- Affordable housing and beautiful scenery
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Free on-site parking
- Access to discounted staff holiday accommodation and a range of retail discounts.
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the PSA/DHBs Allied, Public Health and Technical Multi-Employer Collective Agreement and falls between Step 1 ($59,035 p.a) and Step 8 ($85,992 p.a pro rata) of the Degree-Based Allied, Public Health and Technical scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Sunday, 8 October 2023
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
For further information please contact James Boyd, Recruitment Advisor, all conversations will be confidential in nature: James.Boyd@southerndhb.govt.nz
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces.
|Job type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|