Clinical Coordinator - Critical Care (ICU)
Salary band: $92,000 - $102,000 p.a. pro-rata and Kiwisaver
- Career leadership opportunities within dynamic unit
- New roles - join us as we continue to develop our CCU/ICU capability
- Permanent positions (0.6 to 1.0 FTE - 24 to 40 hours per week)
- Competitive salary and paid overtime and carpark
Mō te tūranga - About the role
Our Critical Care Unit here at Southland Hospital is on a journey of growth and development. Through the provision of new Critical Care funding from Ministry of Health, we are in the process of aligning the Unit with the CICM Medical and Nursing Standards, increasing the capability of our CCU beds to enable us to look after more critical care/intensive care patients here in Southland.
As part of these standards we require additional Nursing leadership within the unit and these positions will play an important role in coordinating and supporting the clinical team in conjunction with the Charge Nurse Manager - encompassing service delivery, clinical leadership and staff direction to ensure the provision of safe patient care.
We have 0.6FTE and 1.0FTE positions available - please indicate your preference in your cover letter.
Mōu ake - About you
We're looking for a Registered Nurse with strong clinical leadership skills.
You will also have the following:
- A current New Zealand Registration and APC
- A minimum of three years Critical Care experience is essential
- A Post-grad certificate in Critical Care is also desirable
- A current Portfolio (PDRP or equivalent)
- Strong communication skills, excellent decision making skills and of course, resourceful and calm
- A commitment to ongoing development of nursing skills in yourself and others
- The ability to work as part of team in a collaborative manner
If this sounds like you and you want to take the next step in your career, get in touch or apply today.
Painga - Benefits:
- Continuous support for career development in a modern progressive unit
- Opportunity to work as part of the team growing our CCU.
- Free on-site parking and only 10 - 15 minute commute from anywhere in the City
- Discounted rates available with local Childcare provider for Te Whatu Ora staff
- Access to discounted staff holiday accommodation and a range of retail and entertainment discounts
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Affordable housing and beautiful scenery
Mō mātou - About us
Sick of long commutes to work? - Southland Hospital is located within 10 to 15 minutes drive from anywhere in Invercargill and offers free car parking on site for staff.
Now is a great time to re-locate south. If you were considering the move the Southern District offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it's the outdoors - kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; or theatre, live-music or art or shopping and dining out - there's literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ or check out Discover Invercargill for what we can offer you and your whanau.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the DHB/NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between Grade 3 Step 1 ($92,687 p.a. pro-rata) and Step 3 ($102,178 p.a. pro-rata)
Tono ināianei - Apply now
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Sunday, 18 June 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand - Southern , please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
For further information please contact Diane Wilson, Recruitment Advisor, email@example.com
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid-19 vaccination requirements
New employees of Te Whatu Ora Southern will need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a Covid-19-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your cover letter so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our weabsite: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/20703/
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|