New Graduate Midwife
Maternity Service, Invercargill
Salary $65,022+ per annum pro rata plus Kiwisaver plus Relocation plus additional salary incentive
- Launch your career with our sought after new graduate programme
- Flexible hours - up to 32 hours per week
- Full support from clinical coaches to complete your Midwifery First Year of Practice (MFYP)
Build your future in maternity, consolidate your clinical skills and access unique learning opportunities as a new graduate midwife.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
Described as 'the United Nations of Midwives' due to the rich diversity of our team, Southland Hospital Maternity Service births around 1,200 babies every year in an 18-bed integrated unit. We provide care for women who have LMCs or who require secondary care.
As a new graduate in your Midwifery First Year of Practice, you will gain experience in the following areas:
- Antenatal ward
- Labour and birthing suite
- Postnatal ward
You will receive a nominated preceptor to support your entry into the profession. We provide a comprehensive orientation and close affiliations with local tertiary education providers means there areexcellent opportunities for your continued learning.
We are committed to your success as a midwife and providing you with valuable experience during your initial entry to the profession. Our programme consists of 18 months new graduate support followed by ten months in your preferred midwifery setting. Ongoing permanent employment is available across a range of areas. Successful applicants will be welcomed into the role as soon as you received your APC. Relocation assistance is available for those living outside of the region.
Mōu ake - About you
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Graduated the Midwifery BA in 2022 or 2023
- Motivation to constantly develop your skills
- Exceptional communication skills to build a strong rapport with women and their whanau
- The ability to work in a team
- A positive attitude and caring approach
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Open
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website:https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Please provide the following as part of your CV and cover letter:
- What appeals to you about living and working in Invercargill?
- What strategies would you use to ensure your success as a Midwife in our team?
- Please use your final year clinical coordinator as one of your referees or recent employer, and confirm your permission to contact the referees
For further information please contact Ashleigh Murphy, Recruitment Advisor - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via ourinternal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid-19 vaccination requirements
New employees of Te Whatu Ora Southern will need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a Covid-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your cover letter so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|