Registered Nurse - Breast Care Services
- Southland Hospital
Salary band - $72,061 - $95,340 p.a. pro – rata plus Kiwisaver plus Car park
- Permanent part-time position - 16 hours per week
- Opportunity to join a small, dynamic, multi-disciplinary team
- Career development opportunity
Mō te tūranga | About the role
The Breast Care Services team based within the Breast Care Cottage at Southland Hospital are a small, friendly team who provide essential and specialised breast care to inpatients and outpatients. We share our space with Breast Screening Otago Southland (BSOS) and the Pacific Radiology Group and are lucky to work alongside a dedicated and dynamic multi-disciplinary team which include Clinical Nurse Specialists, Administration staff, Consultants, Registrars and radiology teams.
Reporting to Nurse Manager, Southland Hospital, your role as Registered Nurse within the Breast Care Service will primarily focus on patient education and support. This is a Monday to Friday position with the daily hours negotiable for the successful candidate.
Other aspects of the role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assistance with outpatient clinics
- Quality Improvement of the service
- Ongoing surveillance of our Breast Care patients who have had a diagnosis of Cancer and coordination of their care
- Working with our multi-professional team and other related breast care services to ensure best outcomes for our Southern population
- Working towards nurse led clinics
Whilst you are in this role you will be supported through completion of a Post-Graduate qualification in Breast Care and will be working alongside a supportive team who truly value pointof contacteducation.
Mōu ake | About you
We are looking for a caring and experienced Registered Nurse with the following skills and background:
- Hold a current APC for New Zealand
- Organised with good computer literacy
- Team based approach
- A Surgical background would be beneficial
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
Painga | Benefits:
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Free on-site parking
- Short work commutes – only 10-15 minutes' drive to work from anywhere in the city
- Access to discounted staff holiday accommodation in Te Anau and Central Otago
- Access to a range of retail and entertainment discounts
- Discounted rates available with local Childcare provider
- Affordable housing and beautiful scenery
Mō mātou | About us
Sick of long commutes to work? - Southland Hospital is located within a 10 - 15 minute drive from anywhere in Invercargill and offers free car parking on site for staff. Our hospital is a modern, secondary level 4 base hospital offering an innovative and progressive working environment. Small and intimate enough to get to know not only your colleagues, but your patients in particular. Here you will enjoy a clinically challenging and rewarding job combined with a relaxed and satisfying lifestyle.
Now is a great time to re-locate to the Southern District if you were considering the move the Southern District offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it's the outdoors - kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; or theatre, live-music or art or shopping and dining out – there's literally something for everyone. Check outhttps://southernhealthcareers.nz/ or check outDiscover Invercargillfor what we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing date: 30 May 2023
Due to the fast paced nature of the DHB, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change and we may commence interviews prior to closing date. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Do you currently work for Southern DHB?If so, please apply for this role via ourinternal careers site, found here:Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
For further information please contactDiane Wilson, Recruitment Advisor, email: email@example.com
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only).
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 this also includes the requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website:https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|