Registrar - Anaesthesia - Commencing January 2024
Salary band $124,892 - $211,100 plus Kiwisaver plus Carpark
- Join us as we change the future of healthcare in Southern NZ
- Excellent support and opportunities for development through a high level of SMO contact and supervision
- Close to some of New Zealand most famous national parks and ski fields
Mō te tūranga - About the role:
- Be part of a close-knit team of six Registrars,13 Consultants
- Providing elective and emergency services to the community, as well as acute pain management to patients following surgery or trauma, or during labour
- One year of accredited training at any level for ANZCA trainees
- The opportunity to work in a modern facility and provide healthcare to a large geographical area, ensuring your exposure to a wide range of work
Mōu ake - About you
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand or be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility for registration by visiting the Council's website at www.mcnz.org.nz
- A minimum of two years post qualification experience and at least 12 months Anaesthesia experience
It is requirement of the NZ Medical Council that your qualifications are approved through EPIC. If you have a commitment to working in New Zealand, it is highly recommended that you start this process as soon as possible to allow your subsequent registration to be undertaken in a timely fashion. For more information, please visit MCNZ website re EPIC Credentialing.
Painga - Benefits:
- 24/7 access to the library, weekly teaching and Grand Rounds, journal clubs, regular RMO forums, and exposure to a range of presentations to the hospital - all of which will equip you with a broad skill base to serve you well as you progress in your career
- Free meals when on duty
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to range of retail discounts
- Free parking when on duty
- Access to staff holiday homes in Fiordland and Central Otago
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui -Salary range
This role is covered by the terms and conditions of New Zealand Resident Doctors' Association & 20 DHB Multi Employer Collective 17 May 2021 - 31 March 2024 (NZRDA MECA) and Specialty Trainees of New Zealand and 20 District Health Boards Multi Employer Collective Agreement 14 December 2021 - 13 December 2023 (the STONZ MECA) and the salary will fall between $124,892 - $211,100 dependant on relevant experience.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Friday, 9 June 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please email email@example.com
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand - Southern , please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Covid-19 vaccination
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|