Clinical Team Coordinator (After Hours)
Salary band - $92,000 to $102,000 p.a. pro rata, plus Kiwisaver, plus car park
- Permanent positions (variable FTE up to 1.0 available)
- 'Out of hours' shifts
- Competitive salary, plus paid overtime, plus carpark
We are seeking an expression of interest from experienced Registered Nurses interested in joining the Clinical Coordinator team. These roles are for our 'out of hours' shifts, seven days a week covering afternoons, nights and weekends. We have some flexibility in FTE for these roles. Please indicate your preferred FTE in your cover letter.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
Clinical Team Coordinator nurses play a pivotal role in supporting staff in the use of the Early Warning System (EWS) with mandatory escalation pathways. CTC nurses provide clinical support by assisting the ward nursing staff initiate and implementing appropriate escalation of care. The CTC also attends 777/Code Blue medical emergencies. If you would like to join this team then apply today.
Mōu ake - About you
The role of the CTC nurse is an exciting opportunity for a senior Registered Nurse who has the following qualities:
- Positive 'can do' attitude
- Holds Level 4 or Senior Nurse PDRP or working towards this
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to support ward staff to recognise and manage their deteriorating patients
- Use expert clinical judgement along with mandatory escalation pathways
- Minimum of five years Acute Care background or three years ICU post registration experience or similar experience in the provision of clinical practice education
Although working autonomously on a shift-by-shift basis, you will be part of a team that strives to empower, support and guide ward nurses to manage their acutely unwell and deteriorating patients.
Painga - Benefits:
- Affordable housing and beautiful scenery
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Free on-site parking
- Access to discounted staff holiday accommodation and a range of retail discounts
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the DHB/NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between Grade 3 Step 1 ($92,687 p.a. pro rata) and Step 3 ($102,178 p.a. pro rata).
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: 15 June 2023
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Diane Wilson, Recruitment Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
New employees of Te Whatu Ora Southern will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your cover letter so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/20362/
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|