Enrolled Nurse - Perioperative
Salary Band – $61,000 - $73,600 p.a. pro-rata + Kiwisaver + car park
- Permanent position (0.7FTE – 28 hours per week)
- Competitive salary + paid overtime + Carpark
Mō te tūranga | About the role
Our service presents a busy environment, one that is navigated on a daily basis through a team based model of care, so it is essential you have a kind nature and the ability to adapt to rapidly changing clinical situations. Sound clinical skills are essential in ensuring the patient journey is a smooth one. You'll have access to ongoing professional development and given the wide geographical area the hospital covers, there will be many opportunities for variety in your work which lends itself to both your professional and personal development.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work collaboratively with a dynamic team of health care professionals from a variety of disciplines, and gain further exposure to develop your repertoire of theatre nursing skills
The hours of work are Monday to Sunday, rostered shifts of 8 hours in duration.
Mōu ake | About you
We're looking for an enrolled nurse with a “can do” positive attitude. You will also have:
- A current New Zealand Registration and APC.
- The ability to demonstrate adherence to high theatre nursing practice standards.
- A commitment to ongoing development of nursing skills
- The ability to work as part of team in a collaborative manner
Painga | Benefits
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Free on-site parking
- Short work commutes – only 10-15 minutes' drive to work from anywhere in the city
- Access to discounted staff holiday accommodation in Te Anau and Central Otago
- Access to a range of retail and entertainment discounts
- Discounted rates available with local Childcare provider
- Affordable housing and beautiful scenery
Mō mātou | About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui | Salary range
This role belongs to the DHB/NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between Step 1 ($61,146 p.a. pro-rata) and Step 5 ($73,609 p.a. pro-rata) of the Enrolled Nurses Salary Scale.
Rā mōnehu | Closing Date: 5 April 2023
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website:https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via ourinternal careers site, found here:Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to:
- Occupational Health Assessment
- Police Vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- COVID-19 vaccination - New employees of Te Whatu Ora Southern will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your cover letter so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
|Location:||South Island - Southland - Invercargill|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Surgical|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|