Registered Nurse - Assessment, Treatment and Rehabilitation
Registered Nurse – Assessment, Treatment & Rehabilitation Ward
Salary Band – $72,000 - $95,000 p.a. pro-rata + Kiwisaver + car park
- New opportunity to step into a specialist field
- Permanent position – 0.8FTE
- Competitive salary + paid overtime + Carpark
We have increased medical bed numbers at Southland Hospital, some of these are located within the Assessment, Treatment, and Rehabilitation (AT&R) ward. The AT&R service provides assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for the persons with complex needs. The majority of patients in AT&R (Southland) are older people with complex needs and those who have multiple health, functional and/or social problems.
Mō te tūranga | About the role
This is an opportunity for you to experience the close-knit nursing, allied health and medical team environment in Assessment, Treatment and Rehabilitation (AT&R). If you are looking to broaden your horizons or wanting to take a step into a specialist field, this could be your opportunity to do so.
Mōu ake | About you
We're looking for a registered nurse with:
- A current New Zealand Registration and APC.
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
- The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused.
- Previous recent elderly care or rehabilitation experience is desirable but not essential.
Painga | Benefits
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Free on-site parking
- Short work commutes – only 10-15 minutes' drive to work from anywhere in the city
- Access to discounted staff holiday accommodation in Te Anau and Central Otago
- Access to a range of retail and entertainment discounts
- Discounted rates available with local Childcare provider
- Affordable housing and beautiful scenery
Mō mātou | About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui |Salary range
This role belongs to the DHB/NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between the step 2 ($64,291 p.a. pro-rata) and Step 7 ($83,186 p.a. pro-rata)
Rā mōnehu |Closing Date: 20 April 2023
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
For further information please contact Diane Wilson, Recruitment Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand - Southern , please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to:
- Occupational Health Assessment
- Police Vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
COVID-19 vaccination New employees of Te Whatu Ora Southern will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your cover letter so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption
|Location:||South Island - Southland - Invercargill|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Registered Nurse|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|