Registered Nurse - District Nursing
Community Nursing, Invercargill
Salary band - $64,291 to $88,757 p.a. pro-rata + Kiwisaver
- An opportunity to positively influence health outcomes for pacifika people
- Out and about in the community, hospital and outpatient clinics
- Permanent position (0.6FTE - 24 hours per week)
- Competitive salary
Mō te tūranga - About the role
Our Pacific Island Community nurses provide comprehensive oversight and advocacy for Pacific Island clients' nursing care which is coordinated and integrated with other health services. The service encompasses close collaboration with the Pacific Island Cultural and Advisory Trust. All nursing cares delivered are culturally responsive, appropriate and are targeted to meet the needs of Pacific Island peoples. There may also be an opportunity to pick up some casual work in District Nursing in the Invercargill area if you wish.
In this busy role, your daily routine could involve any of the following activities:
- Work with Pacific Island persons/whanau within Primary and Secondary Care settings
- Ensure all community services are accessible and appropriate
- Provide education and health programmes suitable for Pacifika people and the wider community
- Follow-up and advocate as required for patients discharged to the community
- Empower clients so that they can manage their own health where possible
Mōu ake - About you
We are looking for a Registered Nurse who has the ability to successfully engage with the local Pacific Island community. You'll be a team player and able to work unsupervised who can relate in a professional manner to effectively communicate and support each client through their healthcare experience. You'll have a current practicing certificate and current driver licence and a familiarity with the Pacific Island Community which is essential for this role.
Painga - Benefits:
- Affordable housing and beautiful scenery
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to discounted staff holiday accommodation and a range of retail discounts
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the DHB/NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between Step 2 ($64,291 p.a. pro rata) and Step 8 ($99.757 p.a. pro rata) on the Community Nurse Scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Friday, 21 October 2022.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
For further information please contact Diane Wilson, Recruitment Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Te Whatu Ora Southern you will be required to be fully vaccinated and have received a booster vaccine against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/19962/
|Location:||South Island - Southland - Invercargill|
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Registered Nurse|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|