Registered Nurse - Specialist Addiction Services (SAS)
- Permanent, full-time (1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week)
- Short commute and no traffic jams and free parking
- Great Nursing professional development, plus exceptional MDT, plus the opportunity to make a difference
Salary band - $59,834 to $88,757 p.a pro rata, plus Kiwisaver.
Do you have a positive/can do outlook, a genuine interest and previous experience working with clients with Alcohol and other Drug issues? Then come and join our collaborative and friendly team at the Specialist Addiction Service, where you'll be working in a mental health and addictions team, based in Invercargill, servicing a large diverse region.
Mō te tūranga - About the role:
- Manage your own case load of clients on Opioid Substitution Treatment (OST)
- Maintain regular contact with other Te Whatu Ora Health Services, and NGOs to ensure the best results, with a holistic wrap around approach
- Facilitate evidence based/best practice intervention processes (including screening, assessment, treatment planning, brief intervention) according to your profession's scope of practice
- Provide a quality service including a clear, consistent, supportive approach and attitude towards alcohol and drug clients
Mōu ake - About you:
- Demonstrated compassion and friendliness, backed up by a resilient mindset
- Solid understanding of addiction issues and previous experience working with clients with co-existing problems (CEP)
- Registered Nurse with previous experience in Mental Health and a current APC
- An innovative thinker and team-player who uses initiative and embraces change
- Ideally two-years' experience in mental and physical health assessment, with an interest in specialist addictions
It is desirable that you also hold relevant post-graduate qualifications.
A full and clean NZ driver's licence is essential.
Painga - Benefits:
- Free on-site parking
- Continuous support for career development
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and discounted health insurance
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
te tauwāhi - The location
Now to the city itself, Invercargill offers the opportunity to have the lifestyle you've always dreamed of. Boasting excellent education and restaurants, competitive cost of living and a beautiful coastline, life can be as relaxed or as energetic as you want. Our team enjoy the short commute to work, leaving ample time for what matters to you most. Add to this the close proximity to some of New Zealand's most famous scenery and holiday destinations (think Queenstown, Wanaka and Milford Sounds to name but a few!) you can go from seaside to ski-slopes in a matter of hours. Sounds too good to be true? Rest assured, you can have it all here.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the DHBs/NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between the Step 1 ($59,834 p.a) and Step 8 ($88,757 p.a pro rata).
Rā mōnehu - Closing date:Sunday 16 October 2022.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
For further information please contact Caroline, Recruitment Advisor, Phone (03) 214 5769 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Te Whatu Ora Southern you will be required to be fully vaccinated and have received a booster vaccine against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job/Registered-Nurse-Specialist-Addiction-Services-%28SAS%29/778057610/
|Location:||South Island - Southland - Invercargill|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Registered Nurse|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|