Allied Health Registered Professional
- Fixed-term, full-time (40 hours per week) until 02/06/2023
- Enjoy free parking, subsidised gym, retail, and health insurance discounts!
- Excellent team culture and support!
About the role
Southern DHB is looking for an Allied Health Registered Professional to support a range of services across adult and paediatric outpatient, inpatient, and group settings, not including Mental Health Services. Our Allied Health Registered Professional will provide support for adjustment and/or treatment adherence at the time of diagnosis or acute/significant change in medical status or treatment.
It goes without saying that you will be an excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills, as you will be required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with health professionals from multiple services. You will be managing a varied caseload including the assessment, care and management of anxiety and mood difficulties relevant to health problems including Diabetes, Heart Disease, COPD, Stroke and Gastrointestinal Disease.
Enthusiastic and eager, you will have proven competence, knowledge and skills in your registered field. You will be confident in using clinical judgement in a range of situations and will be able to apply interventions as appropriate.
In order to be successful in this position, you will also need to demonstrate the following:
- Be highly self-motivated and have the ability to manage and prioritise a high workload
- Demonstrated clinical practice in therapy for people with physical health difficulties and concerns, ideally with not less than 12-months practical experience in health
- Hold a valid Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) and be registered with your relevant professional body
- Able to uphold a professional manner, confidentiality, and sensitivity at all times
- Be a friendly team-player who is comfortable actively participating within a multi-disciplinary team
If this sounds like a refreshing new direction for your healthcare career, we would love to hear from you!
Invercargill gives you everything you'd want from a city hospital, with a modern work environment, interesting work and a range of specialties, but there's a small hospital with collegial feel to it. You'll be on first-name terms with all the staff, including the doctors. Invercargill is a lovely city for families, with affordable housing and excellent education and adventure opportunities. Surrounded by beautiful scenery many of New Zealand's major tourist destinations, (ski fields, national parks, vineyards) and hidden treasures are on Southlands doorstep. Life is easy without a major commute. And you'll get free onsite parking.
Closing date: Sunday, 10 July 2022.
Due to the fast-paced nature of the DHB, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
For further information please contact Emily Atkinson, Recruitment Advisor - Planning, Funding and Population/Public Health Directorate, email: email@example.com, or call (03) 470 9176
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Southern DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated and have received a booster vaccine against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job/Allied-Health-Registered-Professional/777335210/
|Location:||South Island - Southland - Invercargill|
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Allied Health - Clinical Assessor|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|