Registered Midwife - Casual
Central Otago Maternity Unit, Alexandra
Salary band - $76,235 to $100,862 p.a. pro-rata and Kiwisaver
- Casual opportunity - as-and-when required basis
Are you looking for a change of pace working in a community setting in a small town situated in the middle of everything?
Mō te tūranga - About the role
We currently have vacancies for Casual Registered Midwives to work on an as-and-when required basis in our Central Otago Maternity Unit, located in Alexandra. Our shifts are 12 hours, allowing us to provide 24/7 care and support for birthing and post birthing local women, pēpi and whānau.
Your duties will include:
- providing Postnatal care in the Maternity ward
- completing assessments and providing support to LMC/Caseload midwifery colleagues
- providing support for labour and birth care in the unit.
Mōu ake - About you
This casual midwife role would suit a Registered Midwife who is team-focused and who enjoys getting involved in a variety of tasks to ensure the very best care is provided at all times.
Our ideal candidate will:
- possess excellent assessment skills
- have a passion and focus for working with whānau
- be an exceptional team player who has strong communication skills
- have previous experience in supporting mothers with breastfeeding
- be a Registered Midwife with a current APC for New Zealand.
Painga - Benefits
- Family-friendly community
- Casual shifts on an as-and-when required basis that allows you to explore the area
Mō mātou - About us
We consider ourselves to be very fortunate here at the Central Otago Maternity Unit. Not only do we get to care for fabulous birthing people, whānau and pēpi from all across our diverse region, we also get to work alongside a small but dedicated team of kind, compassionate, dedicated midwives and other health professionals to provide a safe and positive pregnancy, birthing and postnatal birthing journey.
Each year we birth around 70 pēpi and provide postnatal inpatient care to a further 200+ families, working closely with our LMC colleagues to give the kind of care our rural community deserves.
Te Whatu Ora Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role is covered by the terms and conditions of the expired DHBs / MERAS Multi-Employer Collective Agreement and the salary will be in accordance with the Midwifery Pay Equity Settlement Agreement, Registered (Core) Midwives Salary Scale, between Step 2 and Step 7, $76,235 to $100,862 per annum, pro-rata.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Open.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Hannah Friedrich, Recruitment Advisor, at email@example.com
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 vaccination is expected for all Workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|