Sterile Supply Technician
Salary band - $52,260 to $61,823 p.a prorata and Kiwisaver
- Permanent opportunities - register your interest today!
- Various FTE available - part-time and full-time roles available
Mō te tūranga - About the role
Sterile Services is looking for applications from energetic and motivated people with a positive attitude to join the Central Sterile Supply Department, and the Theatre Sterile Supply Unit in permanent roles. We are open to considering part-time or full-time employment, so please let us know in your covering letter what you would like to be considered for.
These areas provide instrument and medical equipment cleaning and sterilisation services to the hospital, and you will be involved in processing instruments and medical devices to ensure all quality assurance procedures and administration requirements are carried out.
Applicants should note you must be available to work on a rotating shift Monday to Sunday roster 7am until 11pm.
Mōu ake - About you
Our ideal applicant will have either a Certificate in Sterilising Technology or equivalent, plus work-related health experience. However, on the job training is provided and you must be willing to enrol in and attain the Certificate in Sterilising Technology in a prescribed timeframe (two years from appointment).
Key criteria that we're looking for includes:
- well-developed listening skills
- the ability to closely follow verbal and written instructions
- being able to undertake manual, dexterous work
- being methodical and remaining calm under pressure
- someone who is quality focused and exhibits attention to detail
- someone who knows and understands the importance of teamwork and team dynamics.
Your attitude and approach, as well as your focus and good work ethic are what will stand you in good stead when being considered. This isn't just 'a job'. This is a role where the very small things that you do, matter greatly. This role is both physically and mentally demanding - you're on your feet and often under pressure to complete complex tasks that require high levels of concentration and attention to detail - following instructions and documentation closely.
Painga - Benefits
- Affordable housing and beautiful scenery
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- A range of retail discounts
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Now is also a great time to relocate to Southern if you are considering a move. The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art - there's literally something for everyone. Why don't you check out https://careers.southernhealth.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau. Insiders - Ōtepoti - Dunedin New Zealand official website (dunedinnz.com)
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the PSA Allied, Public Health and Technical Multi-Employer Collective Agreement and falls between step one ($52,260 p.a pro-rata) and step four ($61,823 p.a prorata).
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Tuesday, 10 October 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/2246/
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|