Rotational Physiotherapist - New Graduates
New or recent Graduate Physiotherapists encouraged to apply
Allied Health Unit, Southland Hospital and Dunedin Hospital
Salary band: $59,035 - $85,992 p.a for full-time, Kiwisaver and on-site employee gym
- Permanent, full-time (1.0 FTE), 40 hours per week
- Work, learn and have fun
Mō te tūranga - About the role
Exciting and sought-after positions for new and recent-graduate physiotherapists in our rotational staff-training programme are now being recruited to for January 2024.
Southland Hospital (Invercargill)
The rotational programme at Southland Hospital comprises six-monthly rotations in areas including acute inpatient services (medical, surgical and orthopaedics), rehabilitation inpatients (AT&R), musculoskeletal and general outpatients (including hydrotherapy and groups) and community.
The rotational programme at Dunedin Hospital comprises six-monthly rotations across all areas of acute inpatient services (including medical and acute stroke, respiratory, surgical, critical care, orthopaedics, emergency department, medical assessment unit and paediatrics), rehabilitation (inpatient and community), outpatients physiotherapy and community. The rotation changes are in February and August.
Please note these roles requires you to participate in weekend and on-call rosters. In some rotations you are required to participate in weekend rotation program where you are rostered to cover weekend shifts.
Mōu ake - About you
We are seeking hardworking, enthusiastic and self-directed learners who are keen grow their knowledge and skills across a range of clinical areas offered within Te Whatu Ora Southern Hospitals to join our team. We prefer candidates who will be open to be placed in any rotation and or work in either of our hospitals.
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic team-player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. A proactive approach towards learning is essential. You will have the drive to develop quality services in collaboration with others while working alongside a committed inter-professional team of health professionals.
You will be keen to develop skills to work autonomously in a variety of settings listed above which include respiratory wards, and intensive/critical/high-dependency care.
You will be proficient at managing and prioritising your own learning goals and professional development plan for each rotation.
You will need to be adaptable and flexible allowing you to work effectively with your clients and within a changing health environment.
Painga - Benefits:
- A wide variety of rotation placements
- Friendly and Supportive team environment
- Working alongside highly experienced and supportive staff
- Regular in-service and new graduate programme
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to staff fitness facilities and banking offers
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing, and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it's surfing, kayaking, or sailing; skiing, hunting, or fishing; theatre, live-music, or art - there's literally something for everyone.
Utu whānui - Salary range
$59,035 - $85,992
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Sunday, 1 October 2023
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
Please provide the following as part of your application:
- A CV and a cover letter including “why Southern is the right place for you”, and any preferences to Southland and/or Dunedin site employment.
- Please include your fourth-year Clinical Coordinator as one of your referees and confirm your permission for us to contact each of your referees.
We look forward to receiving your online application. The Interviews are estimated to take place during the week of 18 October 2023.
For further information please contact James Boyd, Recruitment Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All conversations will be confidential in nature.
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|