Health Care Assistant - Dunedin Hospital
Health Care Assistant
Salary Band – $51,000 - $61,000 p.a prorata + Kiwisaver + Penal rates + overtime
- Health Care Assistant Training Programme
- Mixed FTE and Hours available
- Great Professional Development + opportunity to make a difference.
Health care assistants are the lifeline of the health care industry
Mō te tūranga | About the role
In this important role you will help with a range of direct and non-direct patient care tasks under the direction of a registered nurse and maintain the department environment to ensure efficient and effective functioning including:
- Patient watch/ supervision and/or movement with one-on-one care
- Restocking and setting up of equipment
- General department housekeeping
- Supporting our nurses and other members of the healthcare team
- Clerical duties as required,
- Stock reconciliation
- You will need to be able to commit to rotating rostered shifts,
Hours of work are Monday to Sunday inclusive, based on rostered shifts including nights and weekends.
Mōu ake | About you
The successful applicant will:
- Must hold working rights in New Zealand
- Well organised, with a positive “can do” attitude and be able to communicate clearly and openly,
- Must be able to take direction from a variety of staff,
- Experience working with people from a health setting will be advantageous,
In your cover letter please indicate if you have a preferred unit or if you prefer a surgical or medical unit.
If you enjoy the idea of gaining valuable experience within a health setting and really making a difference, we would love to hear from you, apply today!
Please note: this role does not qualify for sponsorship, if you are an internationally qualified Registered Nurse, please view our other listings.
Painga | Benefits
- Continuous support for career development.
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance.
- Access to staff fitness facilities and banking offers
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
- Receive on the job training and support.
- Gain a NZQA Level 2 or Level 3 certificate (Health and Wellbeing for Hospitals and Health Sector)
- Earn and learn fees are fully funded.
Health Care Assistant training programme
How we support you through the programme
- You'll get a full orientation from day one to set you up for success on the wards.
- You'll be supported by our training team to complete modules.
- Working on the ward, you'll be buddied up with one of the nursing team and have the full support of the Charge Nurse.
You will participate in Southern' s Earn as You Learn Program, the criteria for entry are.
- You will need to be at least 18 years old and
- Have completed a minimum of three years secondary school or equivalent.
- You do not need to hold any qualifications in the healthcare field to join the programme.
What you get at the end of the programme
- The programme takes about 12 months to complete.
- At the end of the 12 months, you will have a NZQA Level 2 or Level 3 certificate (Health and Wellbeing for Hospitals and Health Sector) and
- You'll remain at Te Whatu Ora Southern as one of our valued Health Care Assistants.
The level 3 certificate can be a springboard to other careers in health such as nursing, phlebotomy or midwifery. If you chose to go into a nursing role there may be scholarships available to help you.
Utu whānui |Salary range
This role belongs to the NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between the step 1 ($51,770 p.a) and Step 5 ($61,540 p.a prorata) of the HCA scale.
Rā mōnehu |Closing Date: 24 June 2023
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
For further information please contact Ben Kingsbury, Recruitment Advisor, all conversations will be confidential in nature firstname.lastname@example.org
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to:
- Occupational Health Assessment
- Police Vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- New employees of Te Whatu Ora Southern will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your cover letter so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption.
To Apply: We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|